powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~

hydrolystate, isolate, concentrate??

Can somebody please shed some light on what these terms mean in practice? How does whey isolate differ from hydrolystate, etc

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    i drink isopure and have always used it. so i cant say it does anything extraordinary...but i know that it has more biological value (most protein with least amount of fat or lactose) so you can get 25g protein with 0g carbs and 0g fat. Im pretty sure it digests easier too resulting in faster absorption...but thats all crap i have read. dont know for sure. i just like it because it doesnt taste like anything, no nasty protein aftertaste

i did try a scoop of protein made with whey hydrolystate once. i almost threw up. sh*t is nasty. but supposidly it is broken down even further than isolates. into 1-3 chain aminos...hence, easier digestion. no sugar or fat. my advice is to go with isolate unless you have an extremely sensitive stomach...then maybe hydrolystate

Quote Originally Posted by xtinaunasty
    i drink isopure and have always used it. so i cant say it does anything extraordinary...but i know that it has more biological value (most protein with least amount of fat or lactose) so you can get 25g protein with 0g carbs and 0g fat. Im pretty sure it digests easier too resulting in faster absorption...but thats all crap i have read. dont know for sure. i just like it because it doesnt taste like anything, no nasty protein aftertaste

i did try a scoop of protein made with whey hydrolystate once. i almost threw up. sh*t is nasty. but supposidly it is broken down even further than isolates. into 1-3 chain aminos...hence, easier digestion. no sugar or fat. my advice is to go with isolate unless you have an extremely sensitive stomach...then maybe hydrolystate
    I have heard hydrolystates taste awful. So is aborption rate the only difference? The price varies a great deal, since I guess the more digested versions are harder to make.

mike132 is offline Junior Member
    protien factory.com has some good reading on the differences and good prices. but before you buy the hydro whey realize it tastes like oprahs ass!but supposed to be the fastest absorbed protien yet. vp2 has a good tasting product. that's what i'm taking now. can't drink protienfactory's hydro
    it's called 520

Quote Originally Posted by powerliftmike
    I have heard hydrolystates taste awful. So is aborption rate the only difference? The price varies a great deal, since I guess the more digested versions are harder to make.
    i would assume so...since it is already partially broken down. but in the long run, i dont think it will make that much of a difference. save your money and taste buds!

you want your pwo to be absorbed as fast as possible.
    so 0 fat high protien50-65grams and 70-80 grams carbs
    fat slows absortion

isolate has 0 fat also...absorption rate is pretty good as far as im concerned. ive never had problems gaining muscle though.

isolate has 0 fat also...absorption rate is pretty good as far as im concerned. ive never had problems gaining muscle though.
    i have isopure too. great product. i love the individual packs.gnc was running a sale on them like two weeks ago. if you look like your avatar i'd say deffinately stick with what works. i loved her in sin city.gd she's hot!!
    sorry test is kickin

Quote Originally Posted by mike132
    i have isopure too. great product. i love the individual packs.gnc was running a sale on them like two weeks ago. if you look like your avatar i'd say deffinately stick with what works. i loved her in sin city.gd she's hot!!
    sorry test is kickin
    i look better than her j/k im almost there. but i agree she is f**kin hot as hell. she drives ME crazy. im not on test...just a nympho

i look better than her j/k im almost there. but i agree she is f**kin hot as hell. she drives ME crazy. im not on test...just a nympho
    isn't that weird i think everyone on this site and any bb site, for that matter is addicted to intercourse

hey back on the subject, though. if for any reason you want to try a good tasting hydro whey you should vp2. taste just as good as isopure.
    mike

really? well, i just ordered an 8.8lb tub of isopure so....i think ill wait on that. but i will try and con one of my friends into buying it so i can try it. hehe...thanks mike

Definently! I am thinking of just getting some casein, I want slowly absorbed proteins, I will just go with concentrate whey as I guess its the cheapest thanks.

Definently! I am thinking of just getting some casein, I want slowly absorbed proteins, I will just go with concentrate whey as I guess its the cheapest thanks.
    just wandering why you would want slowwer absorbed protein.good for mrp or before bed but i think fast is the whey to go for pwo. lol
    this what i use over the course of the day
    morning on 100% whey
    before workout isopure
    after workout vp2
    before bed on pro complex has whey and egg protiens

may be a little pricey at first but it's woth it and you don't get sick of drinking the same shit over and over

I want a steady stream of better absorbed proteins, thus slow acting ones. I also want to minimize insulin spikes. I will still use whey pre and post workout and probably for breakfast too.

that casien sh*t is nasty though...id rather just have egg whites.

that casien sh*t is nasty though...id rather just have egg whites.
    Yeah, it is pretty thick and tends to gum up like pudding. What do you think of egg protein powder?

read up on "On pro complex" good mix of egg and whey protien

O.M.E.G.A is offline Douche Bag
    isolates are much better on the gut and if you have any allergies

they are the "cleanest": of the protien with many impurites removed

Yeah, it is pretty thick and tends to gum up like pudding. What do you think of egg protein powder?
    never tried egg protein powder. would it be better than egg whites?

never tried egg protein powder. would it be better than egg whites?
    I like eating egg whites for breakfast, cooked that is. I used to eat raw eggs, but I very quickly got sick of them, I nearly vomitted a couple times. I dont want to even think about drinking raw eggs I might vomit.

I like eating egg whites for breakfast, cooked that is. I used to eat raw eggs, but I very quickly got sick of them, I nearly vomitted a couple times. I dont want to even think about drinking raw eggs I might vomit.
    yigk! thats hardcore!

Thread Information