MrLust is offline New Member

Starting ECA Stack

Hey all,

I read as much as I could in the forums about the ECA stack, and decided to start today. Starting at 25mg ephedrine, 200mg caffeine, and 81mg aspirin.

To the question at hand: I'm a little wary of taking various drugs, especially drug combinations - so how safe is it? It seems like everyone here recommends the standard ECA stack, how many people here have had adverse side effects? What is the normal length of time to remain on the stack?

Google doesn't have a lot of nice things to say about ephedrine - to be on the safe side, is there anything I can do besides monitoring my blood pressure?

As a side note, since I started, I feel like a furnace, and I drink a lot of water, heh.

LoneLifter is offline Associate Member
    Why not run an ECY stack?? Ephedrine, Caffeine and Yohimbe. I read somewhere it is a more effective fat burning stack than ECA and helps your libido too.

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    Do you find yourself "crashing" about an hour after your last dose? Some people might say to lower the dose till you get used to it. Also...two weeks on two weeks off.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneLifter
    Why not run an ECY stack?? Ephedrine, Caffeine and Yohimbe. I read somewhere it is a more effective fat burning stack than ECA and helps your libido too.
    I believe this is a common error. It is yohimbine that you want. It is very effective.

The "crashing" feeling is a natural reaction (coming down) from taking stimulants. I have been reading that an ECA/ECY stack is good when run 2weeks on 2weeks off with Clen . Not a guru though...never cycled on anything before.

Bump.
    Someone help us out!

Quote Originally Posted by NewKid
    I believe this is a common error. It is yohimbine that you want. It is very effective.

Excellent, thank you...I'll make a note of that.

ECY stack = bad?

Thanks for the quick replies,

The reason I didn't consider an ECY stack is because I read an article posted on these forums about a study in which it was shown that Yohimbine decreased heart output significantly - stroke volume, something along those lines, and that it was dangerous to take with ephedrine.

As for aspirin, there has been a lack of knowledge around here as to why its in the stack. As far as I can tell, aspirin blocks one of two body responses to norepinephrine, while caffeine blocks the other, increasing the effect of ephedrine. I can't find the other article saying how and what now, but one blocks adenoline (sp?) and prostaglandin.

** edit: fixed a typo
    Last edited by MrLust; 10-22-2005 at 12:12 AM.

Good questions....all equals more research for me. I think ECA is effective at the 2 week on 2 week off dosing schedule and as long as cardio and diet are kept in line, you should see results.

Ok, got cycling

Alright, got the cycling down... anyone have tips for monitoring my health beyond blood pressure? Also, has anyone here gone off the ECA stack due to health issues?

Most of the bad news I seemed to find was a few cases blown up to make it look worse - like 140 deaths (or reports) from 1997-1999... so few with such a large population taking ephedrine. Would still suck to be one of the few though, heh.

The aspirin is to thin the blood so the ephedrine and caffeine can push the blood through faster and do the job.

If you dont want to take aspirin...take L carnitine instead. Tell me if find some for a good price.

man boobes is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLust
    Hey all,

I read as much as I could in the forums about the ECA stack, and decided to start today. Starting at 25mg ephedrine, 200mg caffeine, and 81mg aspirin.

To the question at hand: I'm a little wary of taking various drugs, especially drug combinations - so how safe is it? It seems like everyone here recommends the standard ECA stack, how many people here have had adverse side effects? What is the normal length of time to remain on the stack?

Google doesn't have a lot of nice things to say about ephedrine - to be on the safe side, is there anything I can do besides monitoring my blood pressure?

As a side note, since I started, I feel like a furnace, and I drink a lot of water, heh.

After all the searching i've gone thru and all the posts i could find about the eca/ecy stack. "Starting at 25mg ephedrine, 200mg caffeine, and 81mg aspirin", is this once a day or 3 times a day just split up?

you want to work up to those dosages really. And you can take it three times a day...but keep in mind that you will eventually have to sleep..

BTW whenever you have a question you can just start a new thread.

prolangtum is offline Senior Member
    id be careful combining both ephedrine and yohimbine....your BP can skyrocket when taking both.

newkid, i would've but someone would've pulled the "use the search" on me. So i figured why not stay in a thread already about the eca/y stack.

As soon as i get my new debit card i plan on ordering the eca like i should've instead of wasting it on the lipo6.

I hear ya on the search thing...some people just like to say stuff like that. Most of the guys are pretty cool though. I know a little about eca/ecy stacks so if you feel embarrased to ask a question you can pm me and Ill try to help you out.

Peace...

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneLifter
    Then why not ECAY and get the best of both worlds?

M.

Yeah

Quote Originally Posted by man boobes
    After all the searching i've gone thru and all the posts i could find about the eca/ecy stack. "Starting at 25mg ephedrine, 200mg caffeine, and 81mg aspirin", is this once a day or 3 times a day just split up?
    I'm taking those two times a day currently, once in the morning and once in the early afternoon. The first time I took them, I took three sets and ended up not being able to sleep. I'm also going to cycle them more than usual - five days on and 2 days off (or maybe 4/3, given my work schedule).

ThePump is offline Member
    more isn't always better... there is a reason why these guys advise 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off.

Danny_Dice is offline Junior Member
    Stick with ECA, it is an awesome combo and YES dont take it for more than 3 weeks or your body will adjust to it and it will do nothgin......i did it for 3 weeks on aned 2 weeks off and SAW GREAT results with 4 days a week cardio for 40 minutes and weight training and my diet wasnt that great either. Side effects usually subside after a week or so but it is a thermogeneic so expect to feel "hot" and sweat....

stick to that dosing you referred to 3 times a day....75 MG of ephedrine beign the most important....i use to take 2 pills of xenadrine 4x a day back when they had the ECA stack and that was only 60 MG of ephedrine. 75 MG is plenty, but if you can always go up to 100 MG of ephedrine...they say anythign over that is potentially VERY DANGEROUS.

I definately would not recommend taking 100mg of ephedrine. Danny Dice please keep in mind that many people will be looking at this thread for advice when starting a stack like this. It is best to start small with 10 to 25mg of ephedrine and going from there. If you are patient results will come with just 25mg. Of course Im sure there are exceptions...

Peace...

Yes of course however the maxium daily dose of ephedrine is 100 MG.....it all depends on the person on what dose to start with ephedrine...i would do more research than just reading what people post here.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_Dice
    Yes of course however the maxium daily dose of ephedrine is 100 MG.....it all depends on the person on what dose to start with ephedrine...i would do more research than just reading what people post here.
    How do you know I dont...and would you disagree that you should not start with the "maximum daily dose"? It doesnt take research to tell someone they shouldnt do that...its called common sense.

I agree someone should start low and then increase really to minimize side effects. I wasnt suggesting to start with max dose just saying what the max dose is. BTW: taking 100 MG fo ephedrine CAN be dangerous, the peopel who suffer major side effects or even death are people who take 3 to 4 times the max dose per day. Like any other meds, taking somethign over the reccommended dosing can be deadly, even with tylenol.

ok for a noob going to start this in a week, 50mg of eph/400 caffein and 160 of aspirin is what to start with correct just to get used to it again. I mean if you take the stack twice daily, the recommended dosage should be double for everything correct or am i wrong?

Gotta ask to make sure, dont want to pop anything then have a stroke on the treadmill.

Blah, I had to stop

Meh, even taking this dose once a day (25/200/81), I slept and felt like crap. Plus, it aggravates my heart PVCs, which is just irritating - so I stopped taking it. Guess I'm stuck doing things the old way.

Either that or I'll look into some non-stimulant fat burners (any suggestions?)

- J

Thread Information