powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~

Any taken GAKIC yet? some new supplement...

The latest edition of my PLUSA mag is filled with 'gakic' advertisements. It says an immeditate 10.5% increase in strength after one use. It's by MuscleTech and the website is www.gakic.com

Suppossedly it was designed at some big state university (i think florida) and also they say it has made it into the journal of medicine.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    It actually does have science behind it, but since MuscleTech is selling it you know its gonna be over priced:

High-intensity dynamic human muscle performance enhanced by a metabolic intervention.

Stevens BR, Godfrey MD, Kaminski TW, Braith RW.

Department of Physiology, College of Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville 32610-0274, USA. [email protected]

PURPOSE: The purpose of this study was to quantify the effects of a metabolic treatment on human muscle dynamic performance (strength, work, and fatigue) measured under conditions of acute, exhaustive high-intensity anaerobic isokinetic exercise. METHODS: Unilateral prefatigue and postfatigue peak torque and work values were measured in the quadriceps femoris of 13 subjects using a computer-controlled isokinetic dynamometer, over a 23-d interval. The two experimental treatments were: 1) a glycine and L-arginine salt of alpha-ketoisocaproic acid calcium ("GAKIC"); and 2) isocaloric sucrose (control). Based on a randomized double-blind cross-over repeated measures design, measurements were made before and during an exhaustive anaerobic fatigue protocol to calculate a Fatigue Resistance Index (FRI = [peri-exhaustion torque]\[baseline peak torque]), as well as total work. RESULTS: The FRI and total work for each of the exhaustion sets measured at 0, 5, and 15 min after oral GAKIC treatment were greater than values obtained for isocaloric control treatment (P < 0.02). GAKIC treatment increased the mean resistance to fatigue (FRI) up to 28% over isocaloric control. Overall gain in total muscle work attributable to GAKIC was 10.5 +/- 0.8% greater than control, sustained for at least 15 min. After 24 h, both GAKIC and control concentric forces returned to the same absolute values (P > 0.05): mean FRI = 0.42 +/- 0.05 and mean total work = 4600 +/- 280 J. There were no significant differences attributable to random order of testing. CONCLUSIONS: Compared with isocaloric carbohydrate, oral GAKIC treatment increased muscle torque and work sustained during intense acute anaerobic dynamic exercise; additionally, it increased overall muscle performance by delaying muscle fatigue during the early phases of anaerobic dynamic exercise.

co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    So you have to take it once and you obtain 10.5% increase in strength. What if you stop taking it? What if you take it twice or continuously?

Smiley619 is offline Member
    it says its sooo potent that you should only take 1 serving a day and nothign more.and only on training days... i was just abouot to start a thread about this becuase it seems like a good product, but with a 10.5 increase i would rather wait to hear some1 that has used it talk about it!

prolangtum is offline Senior Member
    at least for me, its muscle tech hype until proved otherwise. When you have a track record for overselling and over hyping supps, you are guilty until proven innocent, in my eyes.

Couldn't have said it better myself prolangtum.

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    10% strength increase, thats a lot to promise, id wait on this 4 sure!!

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    im sure if it worked some1 wudve posted it by now, becoz there are loadsa people that are religious users of muscletech products!!

Therocksbiggestfan is offline Associate Member
    if you go on there site, u can get a free sample shipped to your house, i will be getting mine soon, when i try it out, ill tell u the results, i personally hope its true 10.5% increase in strength would be amazing, but its probably hyped

Quote Originally Posted by Therocksbiggestfan
    if you go on there site, u can get a free sample shipped to your house, i will be getting mine soon, when i try it out, ill tell u the results, i personally hope its true 10.5% increase in strength would be amazing, but its probably hyped
    thanks bro, please send me a PM or something with your results. being a powerlifter an immediate increase in strength would be great, but it sounds to good to be true...

ODC0717 is offline Anabolic Member
    I will say this about GAKIC. I had to take 10 days off from the gym (doc order) and decided to give this a try when I got back. So the other day I was curling 50lb dumbells for reps. Before taking it 50lb'ers were the last set on my dumbbell curls, after taking GAKIC and working arms, I went to 55'ers for about 8 solid reps. I did notice an increase in the ability to keep going. My muscles didn't get nearly as fatigued without it, which is what it's beging sold as, a fatigue reducers. I will say that $80 is a bit much for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Therocksbiggestfan
    Yeah, I ordered one too. We'll see how this goes. I'll take it on chest day and max out.

Quote Originally Posted by ODC0717
    I will say this about GAKIC. I had to take 10 days off from the gym (doc order) and decided to give this a try when I got back. So the other day I was curling 50lb dumbells for reps. Before taking it 50lb'ers were the last set on my dumbbell curls, after taking GAKIC and working arms, I went to 55'ers for about 8 solid reps. I did notice an increase in the ability to keep going. My muscles didn't get nearly as fatigued without it, which is what it's beging sold as, a fatigue reducers. I will say that $80 is a bit much for anything.
    $80! Damn that's a lotta money. How much fer one rib?
    For real man, I hope it works, but it sounds like N02 all over again to me...

Smiley619 is offline Member
    yep 80 bucks with only 16servings...WHACK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by co2boi
    LOL. I remember when NO2 came out I went to a local supp store and asked the guy who owns the place, does NO2 work? He immediately said it was crap. He is a good guy who will tell you the truth even if it means missing a sell opportunity.

$80 is a buttload, but I am not surprised since it is muscletech and thus top dollar will be asked.

ginkobulloba is offline Senior Member
    I went on their website and ordered a free sample. I'll never pay for a muscletech product again, but they're giving it away, so I'll give it a go. They make some outrageous claims about this stuff.

bodybuild1469 is offline New Member
    I got my free sample on its way. I dont belive anything I read about any product with out proof from another person or physicaly trying it myself! Will see how well Muscle-Techs high dollar advertising did this time! (prolly just good advertising again)

BIG PAPPA PUMP is offline Junior Member
    what bout when cell-tech came out i just re-read one of my old muscle-fitness mags "gain 8lbs in 7days of solid mass" wow i even tryed this stuff & gained a total of 4lbs in 30days and i think it was water weight too!! but i was dumb & 15 @ the time!

Quote Originally Posted by BIG PAPPA PUMP
    what bout when cell-tech came out i just re-read one of my old muscle-fitness mags "gain 8lbs in 7days of solid mass" wow i even tryed this stuff & gained a total of 4lbs in 30days and i think it was water weight too!! but i was dumb & 15 @ the time!
    Yeah, that was the so called 'last straw' for me with MuscleTech. They touted it as the secret to Jay Cutler's development, as way better than regular creatine, and threw some anadrol -like gains on the adverts. As I thought about it I realized I was actually paying around $50 or more dollars for a tub of sugar.

Usually if supplement companies have stuides proving you can gain 8 lbs in 7 days its done with mal-nourished africans who first step in a gym and actually eat something; or post-menopausal women.

nyny2916 is offline Associate Member
    after cell tech they shouldnt bother making another supplement cuz they already shut the industry down

str8clownin is offline New Member
    Sup fellas, Im not new to the board just new to posting on it...I just bought a "tub" of it...and as soon as I try it I'll let you know whats up on it.

PS the only reason I did it was because I have a discount...in my opinion theres no way it could be worth the 80 bucks...but we'll see.

BrockMAN is offline New Member

Talking About GAKIC

I go to University of Florida where the study was done, and have been e-mailing back and forth with Bruce Stevens, the PHD who conducted the study. He says that soon a commercial GAKIC product licensed by UF will be released. But if you can't wait... advantagesupplements.com has it for $48.00. I can't believe anyone would go to GNC to buy anything.

ginkobulloba is offline Senior Member
    Well, the good thing about going to GNC to buy a new product like this, is that there is no risk to it. If you're not satisfied with the results, bring it back and you get a refund for the full amount.

mlbclevfan is offline New Member
    I dont think I will ever go and return a supplement back to GNC, thats probably why they let you do that. But hell I'll try it, it brings me back to the days of creatine and trying the different types of it, at that time I didn't know better, basically its all the same thing, its when i crossed out cell-tech and ignored all the b.s. about supplements.

Has anyone else gotten there free sample yet?? It sure is taking them a hell of a long time to get it deliverd! lol

str8clownin is offline New Member
    Ok so I finally used Gakic today...Chest Day

It has got to be one of the worst tasting supplements I've ever tasted...it smells moderately good but tastes HORRIBLE. As far as my workout went I could tell a difference in the amount of reps I could do but that may have been a result of something else...I don't know...its only day 1 I suppose...and so I'll give it another go.

Billyspt4 is offline Associate Member
    As far as getting your free sample from MuscleTech, it will take a few months for you to receive it. I was reading somewhere that they cannot keep up with the demand of this product therefore, they can't send out free samples. I also read that the 10.5% gain is the best recorded and that most people may only see a 4-7% gain. If that even happens, I'd be happy. You've gotta keep in mind that it's not that much, but going from 300 to 325 max on a bench press for example would be big for anybody. I am anxious to try it myself once I get off of cycle and see how things go.

fLgAtOr is offline Anabolic Member
    GNC is SUPPOSED to have exclusive rights to it for 6 months...so not sure why its showing up elsewhere.

I don't know about 10.5%, but I think it gets a thumbs up. I finished PCT for a Ergomax/Superdrol stint bout a half month ago, and its real nice to see the stregth still going up. Like someone else said, I feel less fatigued during my set. I have two bottles so I'll keep y'all updated.

Edit: I'm told that its supposed to "encapsulate" ammonia and transport it out through your kidneys... One of the co-inventors came into my store, but I wasn't able to get into detail about it with him.
    Last edited by fLgAtOr; 10-03-2005 at 01:11 AM.

lucky is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bodybuild1469
    Has anyone else gotten there free sample yet?? It sure is taking them a hell of a long time to get it deliverd! lol
    They said by the end of Sept and now it is October.

Well by the time I get my free sample they are already going to have the "next best thing" released. lol

BluEyedClubr is offline Associate Member
    Haha... i've taken advantage of GNC's return policy MANY times in the past...

Vitamine Shoppe does the same thing... I used to eat like half a tub of protein and tell them it tasted like ass and then get a new flavor lol...

that was when my ass was poor as fuck though like in college...

fLgAtOr is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BluEyedClubr
    Haha... i've taken advantage of GNC's return policy MANY times in the past...

Vitamine Shoppe does the same thing... I used to eat like half a tub of protein and tell them it tasted like ass and then get a new flavor lol...

that was when my ass was poor as fuck though like in college...
    ...and you wonder why these places are so expensive.

cake is offline New Member
    i got mine in the mail the other day, found it for 50 bucks on massnutrition.com...i''m just not as impressed as i had hoped to be. i did get a pretty good pump first day i tried it, but nothing i haven''t experienced before.. as far as the 10.5% increase in stregnth claim??? whatever!!

cake

shortie is offline AR Biggerologist
    Quote Originally Posted by co2boi
    "How much for one rib?" Too funny, I bet 85% of the guys here are to young to get it."Skip the cup, forget the ice, and pour some in ma hand".

Bigpup101 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fLgAtOr
    ...and you wonder why these places are so expensive.
    i was gonna say the same thing! LOL and 16 servings?!? thats crap

fcting is offline New Member
    You guys should try the capsule one, one of my friend tried the powder and he said he couldn't take it in his stomach...

Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member
    I live in the UK. Is there any way I can get a free sample of this ?

peace_frog is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ODC0717
    Could it just be because your body needed a rest? You could have just been stronger on that day because of the rest. If anyone has ever taken a few days off(like 10) and then lifted again, most of us probably have found that we were stronger on a few different lifts. I would guess that had something to do with it, but having never tried the product, and with the jury still out, I wouldnt wanna say for sure.

Is this just an expensive lactic acid reducer?

Its good that Muscletech is over hyped because it helped alot of us cut through the bullsh*t in the supplement world. Opened our eyes to do research and help create awesome communities such as this one. I remember a time when the boards were over run with questions about muscletech products( cell tech and hydroxycut mostly for the longest time). I think alot of newbies are still looking for the next best/big thing( arent we all!), yet they dont take the supplements that are mostly proven to work. If you dont have the money, seriously, dont buy the next 'big thing'. Im sure plenty of people will try it, so save the little money that you have for some supplements that the majority of people have positively reported about. Also if its from MuscleTech, as previously stated, its certainly not going to do what they say. PERIOD. The only thing that they certainly have proven to GUARENTEE is HYPE!!

Just wanted to bump this up for updates. Anybody received their samples yet?

Thread Information