Hollis is offline New Member

Unhappy Please help with my bad arms

I'm a 135 lb. 40 year old brick layer and thru the years I've abused my arms to the point where the tendons are shot and the muscles have degenerated. I've had cortison shot's and therapy but did not help to much. I think steroids would probably help to regain there strength and stamina...Would anybody have any ideas on this, or perhaps an oppinion.

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Steroids can actually aggrevate the problem further as increased strength leads to the muscles becoming stronger very rapidly and the ligaments often lag behind this fast growth.Lots of steroid users have problems with elbows due to this.Try Glucosimine Sulphate not sure if this spelling is right but do a search and you should find that this can help the joints

chris245 is offline Junior Member
    Either Glucosamine or MSM.

Fat4Now is offline Junior Member
    I agree w/ both replies. My coworker actually uses both Glucosamine and MSM to help with his joints. He says he can definately notice a difference when he uses it, but does say it doesn't completely remove the problem.

Hollis is offline New Member
    I've started with Glucosamine and yes it did help, but what is MSM..?

dumbells101 is offline Senior Member
    Add glucosamine, chondroitin and MSM. They all help rebuild on different parts of the connective tissue. Use the supplements daily and don't expect a miracle, but over time guaranteed they'll make a difference.

Ice your joints daily for about 10 minutes and especially after a hard day's work. Tendons don't have good blood flow and the ice creates a flood of blood to the area after taken off.

BTW: MSN=Methylsulfonylmethane and is organic sulfer. Stress depletes your joints of sulfer and can cause pain and deterioration.
    Last edited by dumbells101; 05-10-2002 at 05:58 PM.

gymaddict is offline Female Member
    I did masonry (brick and block) with my ex for 6 years..and got most of my strength through that..however..hes been doing it since 12 years old and has the same troubles as you do now, and the very bad back to go with it...hope you find something that works for you. keep us posted
    [email protected]
    ~Do I Freak You Out Baby!?~
    www.bodybuildingextreme.com

John Hubbard is offline Associate Member
    I agree with Billy Boy . I don't think As will help you out at all. You may want to look into seeing a doctor and having him prescribe you GH for therapy purposes . As you age your natural GH levels drop substantially. It should help rebuild and strengthen your tendons and muscles. You also might be able to get some cost coverage from insurance companies on this.

Tank21 is offline Associate Member
    Along with the Glucosomine that was already mentioned and tried, Chondroiten is a good way to go too. In a drug store Like CVS or Eckerds, it should be right next to the Glucosomine. Good luck.

Thread Information