JMD
    JMD is offline Associate Member

what can i take to add calories to my diet

is there somthing out there at GNC that is loaded with calories that i can take throughout the day?

broncojosh is offline Senior Member
    weight gainers have literally thousands of calories per serving...and they are at gnc

JMD
    JMD is offline Associate Member
    thats what i'll be buyin tomorrow then

any specific brand?

thx :]

FLORIDA GATOR is offline Junior Member
    yea i eat like 3 baked potatos a day plus my shakes and my meals, chicken,tuna, lean meat, oatmeal, you know all the great tasting food we all love lol

Douglas Quade is offline Junior Member
    Add extra virgin olive oil to everything you eat. You'll get used to the taste and actually learn to like it. Put it on meat, pasta, potatoes, in shakes, etc.

dq

olive oil??? really

devland2 is offline Junior Member
    make your own weight gainer, put some ice cream, fruit, flax oil and what ever else you wish in your protein shakes

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    damn dude if you want some weight gainer don't go to GNC, eat up some bomb ass grubbage., i know sometimes it' more convenient to swallow down some shakes, Yeah you might wanna get the stuff.

Iwan2bsolid2 is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by BigMike J
    damn dude if you want some weight gainer don't go to GNC, eat up some bomb ass grubbage., i know sometimes it' more convenient to swallow down some shakes, Yeah you might wanna get the stuff.
    no kidding, I don't see how these people have a hard time gaining weight. Shit go to Carl's Jr and get a Double Western bacon cheeseburger meal, followed by a chocolate shake. If you really have a hard time putting weight on it's cause your not eating.

Big Show 23 Guest
    Well one of the easy ways to add extra calories is to down a few tbsp of Flax Seed Oil

flax seed oil????

Yes, flax seedf oil is a good healthy way to add extra calories to your diet. If I were an ectomorph though I wouldn't want to have Tbsp's of Flax when I could be eating other things like Peanut BUtter, and other fatty foods. I think that Flax oil is good to substitute for people who eat real clean and need added healthy dietary fat. Go eat burger's, steak, and peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches with whole milk.

dern180 is offline Member
    Try nlarge pro shake at GNC. 600 cal per shake.

demetri is offline Member

Flax Seed oil

Any essential fat is good. It's great for you hair and skin and it keeps muscle from breaking down. Plus you're muscle cells are lined with EFA's and I'm told that the "oil" needs to be changed at times.

If you're lean then eating natural peanut butter is good. Myself I take either Hemp seed oil, Flax oil, or Udo's choice (it's a blend of EFAs), and I usually down about 9 to 15 table spoons a day. Lots of calories there and it helps with the Keto diet that i'm on.

9-15Tbsp's a day of Udo's? That's 126-210 gram's of fat just by supplementation. That is almost 2000 cals just from fat> That's a little excess. Especially when you get fat from other foods in your diet.I myself use Udo's (Udo's is a oil blend of Polysaturated, Monosaturated, and Omega's 3,6,9) right now but I feel there is no need for that much fat supplementation. I use about a Tbsp a day and right now am looking into whether that much is needed. Omega 3's are what are most important, these are fish oil's. I think I'm going to drop the whole Flax oil altogether and start supplementing 6 grams of Fish oil a day, I've heard great things.

tanguy is offline Associate Member
    people still go to gnc when there are a illion discount sports nutrtion stores out there. the place i get my supps from has gnc beat by half the price. this store is super tuesday everyday. gnc is a rip off

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    haha im an ecto, and managed alot of weight with burgers, chicken breasts,fries, ice cream etc..and still manage to stay ripped

> I'm jealous.

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    i like the shakes after training so i go with nlarge2. buy it online for cheap. other than that just eat real food.

John Hubbard is offline Associate Member
    I personally like a really large bowl of mac & cheese with chunks of chicken breasts . And for some reason i get much better strength and workouts from this.

thegame01 is offline Member
    if your an ecto ,eat ,eat ,eat .Lots of carbs ,they are high in cals ,just make sure you take tons of protein (obviously) as well and dont forget the good fats. so basically the moral of the story is eat more .I dont personally like the weight gainers but prefer the mrp's (meal replacement powders) . i am a ecto and i eat about 5 meals a day and about 3-4 mrp's a day for a grand total of about 5000cals .and actually thats about 20-25 % fats which is not bad .Its alote of healthy food to eat but you get use to it
    good luck bro

Ajax is offline Senior Member
    I don't know about upping calories with fats. If you want to build muscle, you are better off adding complex carbohydrates.

Fats are most easily utilized by the body as storing them as fat. That's a very simple metabolic conversion. Your body needs energy to grow: carbohydrates are the easiest food to convert directly into energy (for workouts, for building muscle, etc.)

I'll go out on a limb here and suggest something really crazy: just eat more real food! Quality food too, not junk food/fast food etc.

I am suspicious of a lot of the "weight gainers" products and MRPs; having read the ingredients on a lot of them, they seem to get a lot of calories from things like simple carbohydrates and other food sources that I would simply not eat otherwise.

It's not easy to "force feed" youself when you are bulking, but it can be done. REAL food is almost always better IMO. There are times for MRPs and protien powder, but they should be used sparingly an not as a shortcut to avoid learning to eat right.

WELL SAID AJAX!

demetri is offline Member
    Originally posted by Ajax
    I don't know about upping calories with fats. If you want to build muscle, you are better off adding complex carbohydrates.

Fats are most easily utilized by the body as storing them as fat. That's a very simple metabolic conversion. Your body needs energy to grow: carbohydrates are the easiest food to convert directly into energy (for workouts, for building muscle, etc.)

I'll go out on a limb here and suggest something really crazy: just eat more real food! Quality food too, not junk food/fast food etc.

I agree with Ajax about eating more real food. I quit taking weight gainers, proteins, and the like about 3 years ago and I'm stronger now than ever.

I don't see the need for protein powerders unless your a vegetarian, for the most part we eat way more meat than we need. Bodybuilders do need more protein than the average person but I would much rather eat my calories than drink them.

I disagree about carbs being better and fats being metablized into fat cells easier. Engergy has to be converted to gylcogen to be stored and carbs convert the easiest, fats convert the hardest and are less likely to contribute to the love handles.

...but then it shouldn't matter what you eat if your a skinny ecto that eats tons, you'll never get fat. Supplementing with EFAs will keep you from loosing the muscle you have, don't over train, and try to eat some good old fashioned red meat.

BTW I'm also suspicious of the MRPs and weight gainers. I think they have their place when you can't get access to real food, but if you're at home and have the time to BBQ a steak go for the steak and but the Meso-tech back in the cupboard.

Thread Information