How Do Fat-Burners Actually Make You Loose The Weight?

Does it mess with your hormones in any way? How does the process work?

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Most aim to help curb appetite, raise body temp as well as aid in the release of FFA's into the bloodstream. Aide from T3 which is not OTC, most do not effect hormones.

305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    Also some help increase your heart rate to accelerate fat loss.

thanks, i just had to check to make sure they don't mess with any levels of hormones in my body before i started taking one. appreciate it..

Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    Most aim to help curb appetite, raise body temp as well as aid in the release of FFA's into the bloodstream. Aide from T3 which is not OTC, most do not effect hormones.
    actually most stimulants (beta adrenergic and Camp) do affect thyroid hormone conversion (metabolites)- though t3/t4 conversion in particular- this is generally considered to create an environment less catabolic to muscle tissue. T3 and other thryroid derivates are hormones and can have wide ranging impacts on hormone production (can but not necessarily will)

though agree that appetite suppression and fatty acid utilization (+ increased availability) are a big part of their "magic".

components often have specific actions: for instance

yohimbine has particular benefit in those with high alpha 2 adrenoceptor ratios/concentrations in tissues (this can be due to both genetic and hormonal- estrogenic influences)

Thread Information