Alfred is offline Junior Member

whey protein vs ???

i need to know what to buy... is it just whatever is cheaper pretty much ?

Prolab Whey Protein Banana, Wildberry, Vanilla, Chocolate 2lbs $35.95
    Prolab Whey Protein Banana, Wildberry, Vanilla, Chocolate 6lbs $89.95
    Prolab Pure Whey Van, Choc, Straw 5lbs $49.95
    Ecdyvone Protein Chocolate, Vanilla 2lbs $59.95

im just using prolab for example but like wahts the differance between pure whey and whey <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a> ????

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Here is some info the the different types of whey, those contain different types of these.

Whey Protein Isolate powders go through the best filtering process to remove fat and carbohydrates. In general, these powders will contain a higher percentage of protein compared to Whey Protein Concentrate - generally around 90% protein. These are best utilized immediately after a workout and first thing in the morning when fast-acting protein is needed most.

Whey Protein Concentrate (generally around 75% to 80% protein) or may also have a small amount of Whey Protein Isolate blended in. None of these products contains more Whey Protein Isolate than Concentrate. Whey Protein Concentrate is much more economical than the Isolates because the process of removing most of the carbs and fat is relatively inexpensive compared to getting the maximal amounts out to isolate the protein.

Hope this helps.

Pain

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Pains right, but half the time you're just paying for a label. Don't get me wrong, some brands are hella better than others but most are the same in quality but have more of a brand name. Oh good post by the way Pain.

Yup, you are paying for the EAS, Musletech .... names, which is nice because I have found there quality to be a little better, but not worth the extra money sometimes. Prolab is my favorite all-around supp company great quality good price, wish they made a bar though.

Pain

so what do u suggest i buy? just the 50 bucks for 5lbs or wahtever? oh yah.. these prices are canadian...

like have a high protein diet to begin with and then just add a shake in the morning / after workout ??

Get the one with whey protein concentrate, that will be fine for you. The other is not worth the money unless you are doing some hardcore cutting or crazy strick program.

Pain

k, thanks, ive just been really pushing myself hard latley and im noticing huge gains without any supps. so i figure a little more protein cant hurt... my diet is alright ... it could be better but its gettin there....

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Yeah just get the whey concentrate.....and yes just a shake after workout and perphaps another during the day to help out.

thx alot guys, i can always count on AR =]]]

Thread Information