kstone6tb is offline Junior Member

Tribulus and fatigue

I have been taking tribulus for a month and a half now, and I feel it is working(libido, stengh increases) One question though, I have been experiencing distinct fatigue/tiredness all the time. Even though I'm getting 8-10 hours of sleep per night, I still feel tired throughout the whole day. My diet is on key, along with cardio 4 nights a week, and I just can't find the source of it. The only thing I can think of is the tribulus becasue I am not currently taking anything else. Anyone else experience this?? Thanks bros

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    I did not experience this while on tribulus. Anyone else? I think it must be another factor (stress?).

copenhagen is offline Member
    nothing but salutes from down stairs while on the trib! try switching your routine up, maybe your getting stale on the same program.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by copenhagen
    nothing but salutes from down stairs while on the trib! try switching your routine up, maybe your getting stale on the same program.
    What dosage did you run with? Brand? Thanks for info!

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    trib has diuretic properties to it. drink more water

kstone6tb is offline Junior Member
    I'm guessing it's the stress because I've only been on my current routine for 3 weeks after a sufficient break and I'm drinking at least a gallon of water a day or more. I also agree with the saluting and I'm taking ultimate nutrition's bulgarian..

IMHO its one of the most worthless supplements on the market. There still is no evidence as to what exactly are the actives and whether they even work.

your lethargy is most likely due prolactogenic effects of the saponin glycosides of one of the phytochemicals present.

some light reading
    J Ethnopharmacol. 2005 Oct 3;101(1-3):319-23. Related Articles, Links

The aphrodisiac herb Tribulus terrestris does not influence the androgen production in young men.

Neychev VK, Mitev VI.

Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Medical University, 2 Zdrave str., Sofia-1431, Bulgaria. [email protected]

OBJECTIVE: The aim of the current study is to investigate the influence of Tribulus terrestris extract on androgen metabolism in young males. DESIGN AND METHODS: Twenty-one healthy young 20-36 years old men with body weight ranging from 60 to 125 kg were randomly separated into three groups-two experimental (each n=7) and a control (placebo) one (n=7). The experimental groups were named TT1 and TT2 and the subjects were assigned to consume 20 and 10 mg/kg body weight per day of Tribulus terrestris extract, respectively, separated into three daily intakes for 4 weeks. Testosterone , androstenedione and luteinizing hormone levels in the serum were measured 24 h before supplementation (clear probe), and at 24, 72, 240, 408 and 576 h from the beginning of the supplementation. RESULTS: There was no significant difference between Tribulus terrestris supplemented groups and controls in the serum testosterone (TT1 (mean+/-S.D.: 15.75+/-1.75 nmol/l); TT2 (mean+/-S.D.: 16.32+/-1.57 nmol/l); controls (mean+/-S.D.: 17.74+/-1.09 nmol/l) (p>0.05)), androstenedione (TT1 (mean+/-S.D.: 1.927+/-0.126 ng/ml); TT2 (mean+/-S.D.: 2.026+/-0.256 ng/ml); controls (mean+/-S.D.: 1.952+/-0.236 ng/ml) (p>0.05)) or luteinizing hormone (TT1 (mean+/-S.D.: 4.662+/-0.274U/l); TT2 (mean+/-S.D.: 4.103+/-0.869U/l); controls (mean+/-S.D.: 4.170+/-0.406U/l) (p>0.05)) levels. All results were within the normal range. The findings in the current study anticipate that Tribulus terrestris steroid saponins possess neither direct nor indirect androgen-increasing properties. The study will be extended in the clarifying the probable mode of action of Tribulus terrestris steroid saponins.

Breast. 2004 Oct;13(5):428-30. Related Articles, Links

Gynaecomastia and the plant product "Tribulis terrestris".

Jameel JK, Kneeshaw PJ, Rao VS, Drew PJ.

Academic Surgical Unit, Castle Hill Hospital, University of Hull, Cottingham, East Yorkshire HU16 5JQ, UK.

Gynaecomastia is the commonest benign breast condition seen in men. It is well recognised that certain drugs that alter the normal sex hormonal profile in the body can induce gynaecomastia. Recently, an increasing use of androgenic -anabolic steroids among young men especially body-builders has increased the incidence of gynaecomastia. We report a case of a young weight-trainer who developed gynaecomastia due to oral intake of a herbal tablet which he used as a steroid alternative for body-building.

saponins and prolactin
    Horm Metab Res. 1992 Dec;24(12):562-4. Related Articles, Links

Saponin effects of prolactin-like stimulation of ornithine decarboxylase activity in mouse mammary gland explants.

Koduri PB, Rillema JA.

Department of Physiology, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan.

Saponin, a naturally occurring plant glycoside, was found to elicit a prolactin-like stimulation of ornithine decarboxylase (ODC) activity in mouse mammary gland explants. A dose-response activation of ODC was observed with saponin at concentrations between 2 and 10 micrograms/ml. At concentrations of 10 and 15 micrograms/ml, saponin effected a response similar to that of PRL; when tested in concert, PRL and saponin caused a nonadditive response. The time-course of the saponin and PRL effects on ODC activation were not different; a maximum response occurred 2-4 hours after addition of saponin. The saponin and PRL responses were abolished by antibiotics (puromycin and cyclohexamide) that inhibit protein synthesis, but not by actinomycin D which inhibits RNA synthesis. Finally, saponin, by itself, did not affect the rate of milk product formation, but at higher concentrations (above 0.5 microgram/ml) impaired the PRL stimulation of lipid and casein synthesis.

Thread Information