chest6 is offline Banned

Effects of Adderall?

Not sure what forum this goes in but here it goes. Anyone know if adderall has negative effects in regard to protein synthesis, or has any catabolic properties. I think I have heard it is appetite suppresant, but thats not a big concern for me right now. Its finals week, and I can't concentrate for sh*t normally, and this really helps. Any thoughts?

prolangtum is offline Senior Member
    it is very catabolic. It will raise cortisol quite a bit.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Well damn, I dont need either of those.

Will it make a huge difference if I only use it once a month or so? This is the first time I have ever used it.
    Last edited by chest6; 12-07-2005 at 09:44 AM.

ThePump is offline Member
    damn, i was thinking of taking some also for finals. =\

chest6 is offline Banned
    I was wondering since it is catabolic, if it has any relation to fat burning, like a thyroid effect or anything. I doubt it, just trying to find the basis of which it is catabolic.
    Pump-shit works great, I would have studied for like 30 mins tops w/o it but I studied til like 530am last night haha.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Not What Everyone In Here Would Say, But i Think It's Worth A Good Finals Grade To Take It For These Couple Of Weeks...

spotty use is fine. it can be very addictive. I took adderall for 4 years. If you can keep it to using only a couple times a month, then it really shouldnt affect your gains. It will kill your appetite and dehydrate you. Drink plenty of water, and maybe try eating some protein bars, as most food is very unappetizing when taking adderall.

chest6 is offline Banned
    I just took one pill last night and 2 today. I will take one more next monday. That will be it until major tests next semester. I have drank at least 2 gallons of water a day now for at least 4 years or so..its basically the only liquid I drink besides a shake of course. I don't know if its this quick, but I was already wanting more for this weekend...but that is prolly just cuz u said that.

hawktribal is offline Senior Member
    yeah bro, adderal is a must have for finals week... i can't wait til this this over with... IMO you can forfeit a little bit this week to get through finals, i wouldn't worry about it

ThePump is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    I was wondering since it is catabolic, if it has any relation to fat burning, like a thyroid effect or anything. I doubt it, just trying to find the basis of which it is catabolic.
    Pump-shit works great, I would have studied for like 30 mins tops w/o it but I studied til like 530am last night haha.

damn man... i need to find some then for next quarter.

velikimajmun is offline New Member
    it's catabolic effecs derive from an increase in corticosteroids. I've been on it since highschool and I've managed to do okay.

texasaggie05 is offline Junior Member
    man im glad im done with finals....finished today...adderall=college students' crack

hawktribal is offline Senior Member
    yeah, just make sure you're still eating while you're on it, that stuff kills the appetite

Quote Originally Posted by velikimajmun
    it's catabolic effecs derive from an increase in corticosteroids. I've been on it since highschool and I've managed to do okay.
    but you've had a bit of a hormonal assistance though correct?

wolfyEVH is offline Anabolic Member
    Not sure what forum this goes in but here it goes. Anyone know if adderall has negative effects in regard to protein synthesis, or has any catabolic properties. I think I have heard it is appetite suppresant, but thats not a big concern for me right now. Its finals week, and I can't concentrate for sh*t normally, and this really helps. Any thoughts?
    why don't you get better study habits than relying on something like this........

chest6 is offline Banned
    I have ADD...I know some of you will say blah blah thats crap no such thing, but I really have trouble concentrating. Things distract me so easily. If it is not peace and quiet, I cant get anything done. Sometimes I read 3 pages and dont remember a thing I read, I'll be thinking of something else. I am eligible for a prescription, but the time I wanted to get it, it was too late for it to be sent to me.
    Oh, and it didnt seem to effect appetite at all, I would just take small 20mg capsules. Only took one night, two the following day, and one a week later.

velikimajmun is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by prolangtum
    but you've had a bit of a hormonal assistance though correct?
    You mean other than my testes?

I have but even in times that I've been off (I was off for almost a year and a half) I've managed to make gains. it is definitely harder with the adderral.

Thread Information