Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 250
  1. #1
    Ridla's Avatar
    Ridla is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    413

    VIT C is a miracle!!!!!!!!!!!!

    THis stuff is awsome!
    Johan Is the F****** mann!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Energy level is out the roof. Strength outta this world. FAt is melting better than clen anyday the of the week!!!!!!!!!!!
    All U bross gotta try it!!!!!!!!!!!
    15mgs a day and some days 10mgs

  2. #2
    Machdiesel's Avatar
    Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,108
    whatd u just go to a store n buy vit c caps?

  3. #3
    Papi93's Avatar
    Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    12,336
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridla
    THis stuff is awsome!
    Johan Is the F****** mann!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Energy level is out the roof. Strength outta this world. FAt is melting better than clen anyday the of the week!!!!!!!!!!!
    All U bross gotta try it!!!!!!!!!!!
    15mgs a day and some days 10mgs
    Only 15mg or 10mg? Don't you mean grams, bro? I take 8g ED, currently, and have taken as much as 12g ED.

  4. #4
    Kärnfysikern's Avatar
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Scotty, beam me up
    Posts
    14,223
    Thanks Ridla

    yeah he means grams Im on 15-20 grams/day.

  5. #5
    Papi93's Avatar
    Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    12,336
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    Thanks Ridla

    yeah he means grams Im on 15-20 grams/day.
    I read in Optimum Sports Nutrition that Dr. Micheal Colgan believes that high doses of Vitamin C will boost test levels. I immediately tried this and wake up with fierce morning wood. Have you heard anything about Vitamin C boosting test levels? Thanks Johan.

    Is that Van-Damme?

  6. #6
    Machdiesel's Avatar
    Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,108
    yea it is van dam,,, SICK CLIP!! yo where can i get the cheapest Vit C, just at a local pharmacy??? and what dosage 10 grams a daY?

  7. #7
    Machdiesel's Avatar
    Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,108
    I just read the body cant use more then 1000 mg per use, so be sure to split up your doses, just thought id let u know

  8. #8
    Papi93's Avatar
    Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    12,336
    Quote Originally Posted by Machdiesel
    yea it is van dam,,, SICK CLIP!! yo where can i get the cheapest Vit C, just at a local pharmacy??? and what dosage 10 grams a daY?
    I get mine from Sam's Club (warehouse store that's owned by Walmart owner). Real cheap.

  9. #9
    chest6's Avatar
    chest6 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    23,390
    Man I get morning wood every morning papi, I hate it cuz sometimes my roommate is awake when I get up and go to the bathroom and hes like WHOAA didnt need to see that

    Seems like I need to give the C a try tho..

  10. #10
    Papi93's Avatar
    Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    12,336
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    Man I get morning wood every morning papi, I hate it cuz sometimes my roommate is awake when I get up and go to the bathroom and hes like WHOAA didnt need to see that

    Seems like I need to give the C a try tho..
    Yo tambien, Chest. When I took Vitamin C at 12g ED, it was the morning wood that you have put an ice pack on . I always try to sneak out of the bedroom to go to the bathroom so my girlfriend doesn't see it. I never want to have sex with a piss-boner .

  11. #11
    RONINASAUNA is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    323
    All I read is study after study saying excessive vitamin c is extremely harmful to one's health....

  12. #12
    Myka's Avatar
    Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    a small room
    Posts
    9,054
    Quote Originally Posted by RONINASAUNA
    All I read is study after study saying excessive vitamin c is extremely harmful to one's health....
    How is that possible...whatever your body doesnt use goes right through you...Can you back this up?

  13. #13
    Papi93's Avatar
    Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    12,336
    Quote Originally Posted by RONINASAUNA
    All I read is study after study saying excessive vitamin c is extremely harmful to one's health....
    You just pass the excess Vitamin C in your urine.

  14. #14
    RONINASAUNA is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    323
    "Like vitamin K, vitamin C can be pro-oxidative and kill healthy cells. (17) Too much vitamin C decreases vitamin B12 level (18) and increases activation of mutagenic HCA from food. (19) Vitamin C can enhance tumors (20), and increases oxidative free iron level. (21)"
    http://www.3.waisays.com/index.html


    "TOO MUCH VITAMIN C CAN CAUSE ‘RUST’ IN THE BODY, UNIV. OF FLA.STUDY SHOWS"
    http://www.napa.ufl.edu/2001news/vitaminC.htm


    "High dose vitamin C harmful, say scientists"
    http://www.foodnavigator-usa.com/new...h-dose-vitamin


    "High Doses Of Vitamin C May Be Harmful"
    http://www.personalmd.com/news/a1998040809.shtml

    ================================================== =


    Not saying this is true...

    I am just trying to find out the TRUTH for myself before I took more than 500mg per day from supplements...


    thanks for any help

  15. #15
    Machdiesel's Avatar
    Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,108
    so about 100 miligrams is what there saying to be safe, but i read a fewa rticles myself taht a dose as high as 6000 can be taken n stil be beneficiao, intresting

  16. #16
    IBdmfkr's Avatar
    IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    10,383
    Interested to see if what roninasauna is true. bump

  17. #17
    Kärnfysikern's Avatar
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Scotty, beam me up
    Posts
    14,223
    Im gonna respond to this later today. Dont have time now heading for university.

    But vitamin c is one of, if not the safest substance known to man. Not even huge iv infusion of several hundrad grams day has caused any side effects except sligt hypoglycemia and headaches. This is all pretty well documented

  18. #18
    Myka's Avatar
    Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    a small room
    Posts
    9,054
    Those doctors and scientist are always trying to keep us down...

    I cant wait for johan to slam them...

  19. #19
    oldman's Avatar
    oldman is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,607
    Bump for more info.. Is this standard Vit C or Citric acid we are talking about taking.

    I have taken high doses of Ascorbic acid before to lose some water retention and it worked but it also ripped my insides out (Spent most of the days in the bathroom) it seems to agitate/activate your digestive system because I really thought I was never going to get back to normal.

    I think VitC has its benefits but how long do these symptoms last, I have never been able to get past the sides and what is the best kind to take (safest)?


    Oldman

  20. #20
    MASTER's Avatar
    MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,432
    Quote Originally Posted by RONINASAUNA
    "Like vitamin K, vitamin C can be pro-oxidative and kill healthy cells. (17) Too much vitamin C decreases vitamin B12 level (18) and increases activation of mutagenic HCA from food. (19) Vitamin C can enhance tumors (20), and increases oxidative free iron level. (21)"
    http://www.3.waisays.com/index.html


    "TOO MUCH VITAMIN C CAN CAUSE ‘RUST’ IN THE BODY, UNIV. OF FLA.STUDY SHOWS"
    http://www.napa.ufl.edu/2001news/vitaminC.htm


    "High dose vitamin C harmful, say scientists"
    http://www.foodnavigator-usa.com/new...h-dose-vitamin


    "High Doses Of Vitamin C May Be Harmful"
    http://www.personalmd.com/news/a1998040809.shtml

    ================================================== =


    Not saying this is true...

    I am just trying to find out the TRUTH for myself before I took more than 500mg per day from supplements...


    thanks for any help
    Ha Ha, can't wait to see Johan DESTROY u!!

  21. #21
    RONINASAUNA is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesC
    Ha Ha, can't wait to see Johan DESTROY u!!

    I hope so...

    I want to take Vit C as well and perform the "experiment". I just was curious to know the truth...


    So you saying these studies are lying????


    Planning on ordering some Sodium Ascorbate as soon as I know

  22. #22
    Kärnfysikern's Avatar
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Scotty, beam me up
    Posts
    14,223
    Quote Originally Posted by RONINASAUNA
    "Like vitamin K, vitamin C can be pro-oxidative and kill healthy cells. (17) Too much vitamin C decreases vitamin B12 level (18) and increases activation of mutagenic HCA from food. (19) Vitamin C can enhance tumors (20), and increases oxidative free iron level. (21)"
    http://www.3.waisays.com/index.html
    Il start with this.

    Vitamin c does not cause or worsen cancer
    http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/f-w01/cancer.html
    http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/sp-su98/other.html

    Yes vitamin c can acctualy work as a pro oxidant. This is not in any way a bad thing though. I cant remember the exact mechanism now but regular cells contain small amounts of a substance needed for the vit c pro oxidant effect to occur. While cancer cells contains tremendous ammounts of that substance. So vitamin c activly kills cancer cells.

    http://www.pubmedcentral.gov/article...ubmedid=279931

    Quote Originally Posted by RONINASAUNA
    "TOO MUCH VITAMIN C CAN CAUSE ‘RUST’ IN THE BODY, UNIV. OF FLA.STUDY SHOWS"
    http://www.napa.ufl.edu/2001news/vitaminC.htm
    Key word here is if taking iron supplements. One should NOT take iron supplements when mega dosing vitamin c. There is no need whatsoever. About inflamations, vitamin c helps somewhat against it
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...035&query_hl=2

    Quote Originally Posted by RONINASAUNA
    "High Doses Of Vitamin C May Be Harmful"
    http://www.personalmd.com/news/a1998040809.shtml
    This one was covered in a earlier link


    Quote Originally Posted by RONINASAUNA
    Not saying this is true...

    I am just trying to find out the TRUTH for myself before I took more than 500mg per day from supplements...
    I can give you my personal experience with it

    I get ALOT more energy.
    it made me drop fat without changing my diet.
    It has COMPLETELY cured my knees that was previously so bad that I feared surgery.
    I have succesfully beaten a abcess and several colds with megadosages of vitamin c.
    I "feel" more healthy and energetic in some way I cant properly define.
    Its boosts insulin sensitivity so much that I can go slight hypo if Im not used to it.
    It seems to help with soreness.

    Not even gonna get into all its positive effects against disease, aging, free radical damage ect....

    Hands down the best supplement I have ever taken. I will continue to take 15-20grams of sodium ascorbate for the rest of my life without any doubt at all.

  23. #23
    Kärnfysikern's Avatar
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Scotty, beam me up
    Posts
    14,223
    Quote Originally Posted by RONINASAUNA
    I hope so...

    I want to take Vit C as well and perform the "experiment". I just was curious to know the truth...


    So you saying these studies are lying????


    Planning on ordering some Sodium Ascorbate as soon as I know
    Not flat out lies. But missintepretations and fear mongering. Kind of todays equivalent to the old "vitamin c cause kidney stone" myth.

    BTW our ancestors got around 5grams of vitamin c/Day from the food they ate. Monkeys have a RDI of 3 grams. Yet the human RDI is set to 70mg
    A comon pig produces 10grams/day of ascorbic acid and when sic uppwards to 20 grams.

    So go ahead with the experiment

  24. #24
    RONINASAUNA is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    Not flat out lies. But missintepretations and fear mongering. Kind of todays equivalent to the old "vitamin c cause kidney stone" myth.

    BTW our ancestors got around 5grams of vitamin c/Day from the food they ate. Monkeys have a RDI of 3 grams. Yet the human RDI is set to 70mg
    A comon pig produces 10grams/day of ascorbic acid and when sic uppwards to 20 grams.

    So go ahead with the experiment


    Big thanks for all the great help and info bro!!

    Very much appreciated!!

  25. #25
    Kärnfysikern's Avatar
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Scotty, beam me up
    Posts
    14,223
    Quote Originally Posted by RONINASAUNA
    Big thanks for all the great help and info bro!!

    Very much appreciated!!
    no problem bro let me know how it works out if you get on megadosages

  26. #26
    USMCSS is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    US
    Posts
    386
    Very interesting thread! Never knew vit C was that good.

    Any cons to megadosing while on cycle?

  27. #27
    RONINASAUNA is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    no problem bro let me know how it works out if you get on megadosages

    Will do

  28. #28
    oldman's Avatar
    oldman is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,607
    So ascorbic acid is the version we should be getting?

    Oldman

  29. #29
    Kärnfysikern's Avatar
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Scotty, beam me up
    Posts
    14,223
    Quote Originally Posted by USMCSS
    Very interesting thread! Never knew vit C was that good.

    Any cons to megadosing while on cycle?
    Nope, thats the great thing. No cons what so ever

    Quote Originally Posted by oldman
    So ascorbic acid is the version we should be getting?

    Oldman
    If you dont have a sensitive stomach go with ascorbic acid. Otherwise go with sodium ascorbate(do not use any other kind of ascorbate).

  30. #30
    USMCSS is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    US
    Posts
    386
    Well my stomach is a damn sissy when it come to digestion so I'll have to use the sodium ascorbate. I assume that it is a product readily available in most pharmacies and health food stores, right?

  31. #31
    Kärnfysikern's Avatar
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Scotty, beam me up
    Posts
    14,223
    Quote Originally Posted by USMCSS
    Well my stomach is a damn sissy when it come to digestion so I'll have to use the sodium ascorbate. I assume that it is a product readily available in most pharmacies and health food stores, right?
    yeah my stomach is a wimp aswell.

    You can find sodium ascorbate pretty much everywhere. It can be found DIRT cheap online. Dont go with the pills, go with the powder. Spread it out over 3-5 servings each day.

  32. #32
    USMCSS is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    US
    Posts
    386
    Won't all that sodium cause a ton of water retention?

    As far as the digestion, I only have a problem digesting alot of protein so I would think the extra acid would help me in digestion

  33. #33
    Kärnfysikern's Avatar
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Scotty, beam me up
    Posts
    14,223
    there is not much sodium in sodium ascorbate. Cant remember exact amount but not that many miligrams for each gram. Vitamin c is a little diuretic anyway so any possible water retention by the sodium would be negated by that effect. Drink plenty of water though since I notice its easy to get headaches from lots of sodium ascorbate of getting dehydrated.

    You should give digestion enzymes a go bro and probiotics.

  34. #34
    USMCSS is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    US
    Posts
    386
    I take acidophilus like it was candy. The good stuff that you have to keep refrigerated, not the cheap pills. I think I'm gonna give that probiotics a shot because I am actually losing sleep at night from farting so much.

  35. #35
    Kärnfysikern's Avatar
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Scotty, beam me up
    Posts
    14,223
    Quote Originally Posted by USMCSS
    I take acidophilus like it was candy. The good stuff that you have to keep refrigerated, not the cheap pills. I think I'm gonna give that probiotics a shot because I am actually losing sleep at night from farting so much.
    bifidobacterium seems to help me alot. Also try and boatload on psyllium seeds, maby 2 mouthfulls everyday. It cleans out the intestines proper.

    I used to fart like no other but nowdays it has calmed down alot

  36. #36
    oldman's Avatar
    oldman is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,607
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    Nope, thats the great thing. No cons what so ever



    If you dont have a sensitive stomach go with ascorbic acid. Otherwise go with sodium ascorbate(do not use any other kind of ascorbate).

    cool thanks I will order sodium ascorbate and start on it.. I have taken 6 grams of ascorbic acid and my stomach is hurting really bad today. I thought maybe that is what it is..

    Cool thanks.. I remember you saying something about it helping joints a while back and I never got a chance to try it but I am going to do it now because my cycle (including Deca ) is coming to an end and this is a good time to try it out.

    I will post my results.

    Oldman

  37. #37
    MASTER's Avatar
    MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,432
    i havent gone above 4 grams of ascorbic acid yet, but im gona increase a gram a day and see how high i can go, tho i dont really wana go much above 10

  38. #38
    Bryan2's Avatar
    Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    3,746
    Honestly I think you guys should look into Ascorbyl Palmitate

    As your may be able to recieve the same benefits you claim without having to use such mega doses and potential for problems in the future.

    Vit C is water solubleso it is excreted by the body very very quickly thus your need to mega dose

    Ascorbyl Palmitate is basically a fat soluble form of Vit C you guys should really look into this as another option

  39. #39
    Bryan2's Avatar
    Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    3,746
    keep in mind though as with most fat soluble vitamins mega dosing can be potentially toxic so you dont really have the option of huge mega doses with this.


    ......But you might not even need to mega dose with this option

  40. #40
    Kärnfysikern's Avatar
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Scotty, beam me up
    Posts
    14,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan2
    Honestly I think you guys should look into Ascorbyl Palmitate

    As your may be able to recieve the same benefits you claim without having to use such mega doses and potential for problems in the future.

    Vit C is water solubleso it is excreted by the body very very quickly thus your need to mega dose

    Ascorbyl Palmitate is basically a fat soluble form of Vit C you guys should really look into this as another option
    to be honest I dont se the use in having fat soluble vitamin c unless in a creme or to treat sunburn or other wounds. Especialy not with the price difference.

    this is a qute from dr tom levy(IMO the number 1 vitamin c expert in the world now, advisor to poliquin(sp?) on vitamin c treatment) on fat souble vitamin c

    http://www.tomlevymd.com/archiveissue9.htm
    Ascorbyl Palmitate

    Ascorbyl palmitate is another form of vitamin C that is somewhat unique in that it has both water-soluble and fat-soluble qualities. It is touted by some as a superior delivery form of vitamin C as ascorbate into the body. This has not really been clearly proven, and even if it were, ascorbyl palmitate would be a very expensive way to provide daily multi-gram doses of ascorbate. The fat-soluble qualities of ascorbyl palmitate do make it a good form of vitamin C to include in various skin creams and other dermatological preparations.

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •