Thread: R-ala

kman is offline Anabolic Member

R-ala

Should I take it right after my work? After my dex/whey shake? some say 20 min after the PWO shake, while others say 15 min before your PWO shake. Can someone clear the slate cause I did a search and not too much comes up.

Bump

Mizfit is offline Banned
    What i have been told and what i have learned from my read is to take R-ALA Post WorkOut and after you carb intake because it mimics insulin and it will help the insulin push the blood glucose more efficiently --- helping to get more in the muscle and assisting in not letting any get left behind to be stored as fat.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    I would not use it PWO since Glut-4 permeability is already enhanced at this time. There is no real need.

Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    I would not use it PWO since Glut-4 permeability is already enhanced at this time. There is no real need.
    after exercise insulin sensitivity is at its best (comparatively), however that is not the only impact of R+ lipoic. In addition to a host of other metabolic interactions, one that is specifically of benefit (even post workout) is the ability of R+ lipoic to mediate the adipogenic effects of insulin via PPARgamma modulation. SO if the post workout meal is large its a very good idea to take R+ lipoic.

though agree that for reasons similar to those you stated, if people "skip" a dose, thats typically when.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by macrophage69alpha
    after exercise insulin sensitivity is at its best (comparatively), however that is not the only impact of R+ lipoic. In addition to a host of other metabolic interactions, one that is specifically of benefit (even post workout) is the ability of R+ lipoic to mediate the adipogenic effects of insulin via PPARgamma modulation. SO if the post workout meal is large its a very good idea to take R+ lipoic.

though agree that for reasons similar to those you stated, if people "skip" a dose, thats typically when.
    Yeah I'd rather use it for any other carb meals. It would make sense that this is the time carbs are best utilized.

Thanks guys and gals, think I will skip it PWO.

Quote Originally Posted by kman
    Thanks guys and gals, think I will skip it PWO.
    you might want to try it both ways and see how you respond, also if it is high carb (typically over 75g) do reccomend it regardless.

Thread Information