Rowdy is offline New Member

whats the difference between flax seed and fish oil?

...? thanks for input

Arnold_Is_God is offline Junior Member
    not real sure, but everyone seems to go for Flax seed oil, so i do, and i recommend you do.

Cousin Eddie is offline Associate Member
    Both are sources of Omega 3 EFA's. Fish oil is usually the cheaper and less quality source. Stick with organic seeds as your EFA source. Most agree that the processing required in extracting oil from fish fat tends to compromise the quality of the EFA's as compared to seed sources.

ripped_82 is offline Member
    Flaxseeds are rich in omega-3 essential fatty acids, magnesium, potassium, and fiber. They are also a good source of B vitamins, protein, and zinc. They are low in saturated fat and calories, and contain no cholesterol. Several studies have shown that it can reduce the pain, indlammation, and swealing of arthritis. It has been found to lower blood cholesterol and triglyceride levels, and to help reduce hardening effects of cholesterol on cell membranes.Omega-3 essesntial fatty acids found in fish may alleviate symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis by suppressing the immune system reaction that causes joint inflammation.

Omega-6 include linoleic and gamma linoleic acids, are found primarily in nuts, seeds, and legumes, and unsaturated vegetable oils such as, borage oil, grape seed oil, primrose oil, sesame oil, and soybean oil.

Fatty acids are the basic buildind blocks which fats and oil are composed. Contrary to popular myth, the body does need fat. It must be the right kind however.

The fatty acids that are necesssary for health and that cannot be produced by the body are EFA's. Also known as Vit F or polyunsaturates. EFA must be supplied through the diet.

EFA's have a desirable effects on many disorders. They improve the skin, hair, nails, reduce blood pressure, and in prevention of arthritis, lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels, and reduce the risk of blood clot formation. They are beneficial for candidiasis, cardiovascular disease, inczema, and psoriasis. Found in high cocentrations in the brain, EFA's aid in the transmission of nerve impulses and are needed for the normal development and function of the brain. A deficiency in EFA's can lead to impaired ability to learn and recall information.

Every living cell in the body needs EFA's. They are esential for rebuilding and producing cells. EFA's are also used in the body for production of prostaglandins, hormonlike substances that act as chemical messengers and regulators of various body processes.

In my opiniom I would strongly suggest you consume omega 3 and 6. These two are both vital for your health. I would not be consered with omega 9 as your body produces daily anyways, and you are bound to consume some through your diet.

Thread Information