shorinryu69 is offline New Member

Anyone as tried AST creatine

cycle. So 8 weeks; 3 days on creatine 20/25 grams then 3 off (no matter if on workout or non workout day)?

Any results?

PowerHouse555 is offline Associate Member
    I would just take 10 grams every day for 6-8 weeks. Thats i pretty high dose, what is your weight? and what is your reason for the 3 days off. I have used ast micronized creatine monohydrate and its by far the best monohydrate. I gain alot of it and im sure you will too. However most of it will give you a bloated look compared to your other creatine esters but if your not conserned with keeping a "ripped" looked then you will love it. Plus my joints feel great on it from the intracellular pressure in puts on your joints capsules.

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    im on day 3 of my AST micronized creatine, 10 grams a day, ill let u know how it goes

Quote Originally Posted by Machdiesel
    im on day 3 of my AST micronized creatine, 10 grams a day, ill let u know how it goes
    thanks

guys my question was about the cycle:

has anyone tried to cycle their creatine 3 days on and off and with what results?
    --------------------
    http://www.ast-ss.com/articles/article.asp?AID=243

The traditional way of using creatine involves a 5 to 7 day loading phase of 20 to 25 grams a day followed by a daily maintenance dose of 2 to 5 grams of creatine per day. However, this basic “scatter-gun” approach might get the job done but probably destroys 70-80% of the potential gains that could be obtained. Here are some research-based reasons why athletes have to change the way they view creatine supplementation if they want the best effects possible.

Achieving a high concentration of creatine within muscle is essential to triggering a powerful anabolic effect at the cellular level. However, it is clear that the traditional dosage pattern fails to maintain high muscle creatine concentrations over a longer period of time (6 to 12 weeks).[1-3]

Excessive loading (the traditional way) may cause creatine saturation outside the cell that prevents effective muscle uptake for weeks or even months! [4]

A small maintenance dose is futile at maintaining high muscle creatine concentrations. Using a small dose after loading ensures that high muscle creatine concentrations disappear within 6 weeks![5]
    What is the solution?

The solution is Micronized Creatine cycling. Micronized Creatine cycling is a strategy I’ve designed to maximize the uptake of creatine by muscle cells to create and maintain ultra-high muscle creatine concentrations.

Micronized Creatine cycling is designed to create a synergy between intense training and muscle cell metabolism that will trigger a potent anabolic response at the cellular level. Over a short period of time this powerful anabolic response provides rapid strength and muscle mass gains. If you’ve used creatine in the past and have been disappointed with the results, you will definitely benefit enormously from this strategy. If you’ve obtained good results from creatine in the past, hold onto your seats as this strategy will provide you with phenomenal gains, every time you supplement with Micronized Creatine.

Step 1

Use Micronized Creatine for three days only. The daily dosage will range from 15-25 grams/day depending upon the size of the individual. Bodybuilders that are 180 pounds or heavier are advised to use the higher end of this scale (20 to 25 grams per day).

Take two of 5 gram servings as in The Bracketing Method

Take another 5 grams of pure Micronized Creatine within the 3-hour post-workout period as in The Anabolic Nutrient Timing Factor.

Another one or two servings of pure Micronized Creatine can be taken with a Ny-Tro PRO-40 shake (mixed with 15-20 oz water) in the morning or evening.
    Step 2

No creatine supplement is used for the next three days. On these “non-creatine” days, substitute DGC for Creatine HSC during workouts.
    Step 3

Perform step 1 followed by step 2 repeatedly to form a three days-on/three days-off cycling pattern throughout your 8 week Max-OT program.

After your 8 week Max-OT program finishes, take a one week break from training. In the last three days of this rest week, commence your Micronized creatine cycling strategy so that you start your next Max-OT program with optimal muscle creatine levels.
    Based on the science regarding creatine supplementation and transport into muscle, this strategy should ensure maintenance of high muscle creatine concentrations all the time, while preventing creatine receptor down regulation in muscle cells.

The brief (3-day) loading phase serves at precise purpose; it maximizes creatine uptake into muscle without de-sensitizing or down regulating creatine receptor/transporters (located on the cell membrane). Three days without creatine supplementation should be just enough time to re-sensitize creatine transporters but not allow muscle creatine stores to decline.

What about non-training days?

Bodybuilders often ask me if they should use creatine on their non-training days. My answer is that it is imperative to follow this three days-on/three days-off cycling strategy regardless of whether or not it is a training day. During tough training programs the body is in a constant state of repair and recuperation; rest days are the days that allow recovery to take place. Creatine supplementation stimulates the cellular mechanisms that enable muscles to recover and become bigger and stronger. Therefore, the Micronized creatine cycling strategy I’ve outlined must not be interrupted regardless of whether or not it is a training or rest day. In the long term this strategy will promote rapid cellular recovery that must occur during tough training programs.

On non-training days take Micronized creatine after meals or with liquid meals such as Ny-Tro PRO-40. Just remember to stick to your chosen daily dose. Also remember that creatine needs water to exert its anabolic effects on muscle (it draws water into the cell to trigger protein synthesis and muscle growth). Therefore, along with every 5 gram dose of Micronized creatine 15 to 20 oz of water should be consumed.

So there you have it. A simple strategy that is incredibly effective. I urge anyone who uses creatine to try Micronized Creatine Cycling. The positive feedback that I’ve received from bodybuilders so far has been awesome.

References:

1. Volek et al. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise 31: 1147-1156, 1999.

2. Cribb et al. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise 35: S400, A2239, 2003

3. Cribb et al. Presented at The Australian Association of Exercise and Sports Science Conference, April, 2004

4. Guerrero-Ontivers, M.L. and Wallimann, T. Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry. 184: 427-437, 1998.

5. Van Loon et al. Clinical Science 104:153
    Last edited by shorinryu69; 12-23-2005 at 03:42 AM.

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    id be intrested in this also

Thread Information