Thread: Muilti vitamin

THE_DOME is offline Anabolic Member

Muilti vitamin

I currently am looking for a good quality multi vitamin, any ideas beside animal pak?
    Last edited by THE_DOME; 12-30-2005 at 09:15 PM.

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Mega Men from GNC, great all round multiviatmin

FranKieC is offline "AR's Pretty Boy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kale
    Mega Men from GNC, great all round multiviatmin
    Agreed! I use animal pack on workout days and Gnc's twice a day on my days of.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Twinlab's Dualtabs and Optimum Nutrition's Opti-Men.

jsimon is offline Associate Member
    Mega Man Sport....

fLgAtOr is offline Anabolic Member
    The Sport gives you a useless amount of aminos for another $4. You all know who I work for, but I won't endorse that one.

GNC Ultra Mega Gold w/out Iron...Same price as the Mega Men but far superior.

isolatex is offline Junior Member
    dont buy any of that expenisve vit/mineral crap.

just go to your local supermarket and get any vit/min pills that provide your daily needs should cost no more then $2 for a months supply.

there all the same only difference is some company sticks a picture of a bodybuilder on the packaging and charges 1000% profit.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by isolatex
    dont buy any of that expenisve vit/mineral crap.

just go to your local supermarket and get any vit/min pills that provide your daily needs should cost no more then $2 for a months supply.

there all the same only difference is some company sticks a picture of a bodybuilder on the packaging and charges 1000% profit.
    I think the most important aspect of a multi mineral/vitamin the label on the bottle. For example, it would be of more benefit for a male to get 50mg of zinc per day than it would 10mg (natural test benefits). As a result, I believe there is a difference in quality, if you are examining this detail.

TADOLFI is offline Member
    Good point Papi, I agree.

I think there are some products out there that offer different degrees of potency with certain vitamins and minerals.
    So, Dome - depending on your age and what you may need more of - read labels and decide what suits your body and needs best.
    All those mentioned here, except for the dualtabs, I have used.
    I liked the GNC Mega Man the best, but realized that I may be able to bump up certain things by buying those supplements separately.
    I went to a basic Centrum Multi and picked up other items to take separately, like the extra Zinc.
    Price wise I am spending about the same on all of these as I was on the GNC.
    (But, when they run their monthly special at GNC - you might save a few more bucks)

Animal Pak is a great base - better amino profile. Just a little too pricey for me.
    Last edited by TADOLFI; 01-03-2006 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Papi93
    I think the most important aspect of a multi mineral/vitamin the label on the bottle. For example, it would be of more benefit for a male to get 50mg of zinc per day than it would 10mg (natural test benefits). As a result, I believe there is a difference in quality, if you are examining this detail.
    this would seem true on paper but in reality its different. certain vits&mins actually build up in your body over time and with a correct diet which everybody builder should have anyway there is abolutly no need for high quantity of any vitamin or mineral.

seriously if a person takes a tablet/pill everyday over 30 days of a vitamin/mineral product they will have 100% of certain things especially certain minerals after 30 days of usage no matter if it gives you 80% RDA or 100% RDA.

people should stop wasting money on crap like vitamins and minerals and just get a regualr version which has a full list of vitamins and minerals rather then the expensive overpriced crap.

also people should remember not to overdo vitamins and minerals becuase it can actaully be bad for you for example having too much iron in your diet.

this would seem true on paper but in reality its different. certain vits&mins actually build up in your body over time and with a correct diet which everybody builder should have anyway there is abolutly no need for high quantity of any vitamin or mineral.

seriously if a person takes a tablet/pill everyday over 30 days of a vitamin/mineral product they will have 100% of certain things especially certain minerals after 30 days of usage no matter if it gives you 80% RDA or 100% RDA.

people should stop wasting money on crap like vitamins and minerals and just get a regualr version which has a full list of vitamins and minerals rather then the expensive overpriced crap.
    Re-read your own post. "certain vits&mins actually build up in your body over time." Then you say, "there is abolutly no need for high quantity of ANY vitamin or mineral."

This is only half true...Some do, like iron, synthetic vitamin A, etc. Some don't. Like ALL of the water soluble vitamins or vitamin E, beta-carotene, etc. In addition, certain activities deplete levels of vitamins/min. For example zinc, which was mentioned above.

Vit E, C, all the Bs... **** the scientific data (which theres plenty of). You're ignoring buttloads of real life experience of taking additional amounts of these vitamins. Do a search on this board for vitamin C...That alone should convince you. But then again, I take more than the recommended amount of test too.

also people should remember not to overdo vitamins and minerals becuase it can actaully be bad for you for example having too much iron in your diet.
    Hmmm...So if centrum is such a great vitamin, why do they continue to include iron? Males typically will not need supplement iron. A good mens vitamin shouldn't have it AT ALL.

Well, unless you're menstruating.

Juicy Sauce is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fLgAtOr
    Hmmm...So if centrum is such a great vitamin, why do they continue to include iron? Males typically will not need supplement iron. A good mens vitamin shouldn't have it AT ALL.

Well, unless you're menstruating.
    the centrum i use does not contain iron. and centrum is very good my brother. i have been using it for years. u have to take 2 per day but still better than some.

Thread Information