DreamZer0 is offline New Member

Phera-Plex Week Two ( sleep issues )

I'm almost done with week two of pp @ 20mg with little to no sides. The only problems I seem to have is lethargy, increase in aggression, and really crazy dreams. I'm talking about some seriously crazy and violent dreams that I would normally never ever have. Every night! It's to the point where I end up waking up 4-5 times during the night. I can't sleep and I'm very irritable. Besides that, my gains are NICE, strength is up, libido is amazing and no acne (I'm prone to it). Can anyone recommend something for nice solid nights of sleep? It's driving me crazy!

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    i could sleep like a baby ANYTIME on PP , PP made me very lethargic. i could suggest zma or something like tylenol PM , but i dont think that will help the problem cause for me both of those products put me in a deep sleep where the dreams are crazy . id just ride it out its only 2 more weeks . maybe Melatonin???

joeybenz is offline Associate Member
    I would try some Melatonin it helps me alot. As far as dreams I get some crazy ones from melatonin

It's so cheap that I might as well just try it. Hopefully it'll help me out. How much do you take? Do you wake up groggy?...tylenol PM has this affect on me

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    i never used Melatonin so im not sure

zma did not make me groggy
    tylenol PM did.

cmax is offline Associate Member
    Tylenol PM alone gives me really crazy dreams.

joeybenz is offline Associate Member
    Melatonin I take like 6mg it doesn't really make me feel groggy

210-6foot is offline Junior Member
    lethargic, what does that mean? I have problems sleeping too. My dreams are hmm normal? But it's for me to sleep lately though maybe alot on my mind. Anyway my libido is nuts, and this agressen that people talk about I do not see. So far gained 10 pounds and it's been 1 week tomorrow. I was thinking it was going to go up and just go back down(water weight.) But I never reached 220 before and had my chest and tris as hard as they are =)

KingJames23 is offline Associate Member
    Melatonin never ever works for me idont know why, maybe you would have had these dreams no matter what. I dont think PP has anything to do with your dreams??

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    wow so your getting no acne from PP even though your very prone to it? because im in the same boat as you, maybe i'll buy me some..

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    PP looks so good. Gonna have to order some soon.

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    thryptophan works WONDERS!!!

google it it can be found for "animals"

DWayne is offline Junior Member
    valerian root works good

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    nyquil PM i hear knocks you out.

orrrrrr you could always resort to the stuff they used in Freddy movies that prevents you from having dreams! haha

Milky87 is offline Member
    Tryptophan is turned into melatonin in the body. Skip hte middle man and go for melatonin

Quote Originally Posted by Milky87
    Tryptophan is turned into melatonin in the body. Skip hte middle man and go for melatonin

A little off there they are infact seperate

melatonin is a hormone

and thyptophan is an amino acid they also work through different pathways.

Quote Originally Posted by SVTMuscle
    wow so your getting no acne from PP even though your very prone to it? because im in the same boat as you, maybe i'll buy me some..
    besides my face being slighty more oily thats about it. I've been clear since I started...I'm pretty happy about that!

after reading up on melatonin.com I picked up a bottle at GNC..pretty cheap. Hope it works! I'll let you guys know. I found this interesting though....

"Will melatonin extend my lifespan?

There are no human studies to support this contention. In tests on both rats and mice melatonin caused a significant 20% increase in their lifespan. If melatonin does allow you to live longer and healthier it could do so because melatonin may reduce free radical damage; stimulate an aging immune system; protect the cardiovascular system; preserve a youthful circadian rhythm; stimulate the production of growth hormone .

Will melatonin enhance my sex life?

There is no evidence to support this claim as it relates to humans. However, a 1995 rodent study suggests that taking small amounts of melatonin on a regular basis may prevent the age-related decline in testosterone levels , allowing men to be more active sexually in their later years. "

Bryan2: the process is serotonin -> tryptophan -> melatonin

From wikipedia.org:
    "Melatonin, 5-methoxy-N-acetyltryptamine, is a hormone produced by pinealocytes in the pineal gland (located in the brain) and also by the retina and GI tract. It is naturally synthesized from the amino acid tryptophan (derived from serotonin) by the enzyme 5-hydroxyindole-O-methyltransferase."
    Last edited by Milky87; 01-07-2006 at 04:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Milky87
    Bryan2: the process is serotonin -> tryptophan -> melatonin

From wikipedia.org:
    "Melatonin, 5-methoxy-N-acetyltryptamine, is a hormone produced by pinealocytes in the pineal gland (located in the brain) and also by the retina and GI tract. It is naturally synthesized from the amino acid tryptophan (derived from serotonin) by the enzyme 5-hydroxyindole-O-methyltransferase."

I stand corrected sir

Well it works for me. Best night of sleep I've had so far! Slept the entire night and woke up fresh. Now I just hope it's not habit forming

I dont beleive it is habbit forming. (why would it be? it doesnt trigger the 'reward center')

peace_frog is offline Associate Member
    Ive been using it every night for 4 years...there is no way its habit forming ..jk...But it really isnt habit forming. I have used it on and off for a long time. The only habit it forms is if its in the house, and you cant sleep, you take it. But when im thirsty i drink water...like a lot everyday, maybe water is habit forming. Now i gotta go look into it.....

If its the bad dreams you dont want...i wouldnt suggest mel. Besides dowsiness, vivid dreams is the biggest side effect. But when its a good dream, you thank god you were on it!! I relived a romance in a dream a few times, and it was so real, i was just depressed all day.

But it will help you sleep, it kinda kicks in naturally and makes you just feel like you are tired, unlike OTC drugs. Ive taken over 12mg before, and really no sides(i had insomnia real bad is why i took so much, had to take 3mg
    several times)

Thread Information