Thread: Glutamine PWO

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer

Glutamine PWO

I was reading this interview by Llewelyn with Charles Poliquin (possibly the best strength coach in the world) on BodyofScience:

WL: How do you feel about glutamine?
    CP: I’ve used a lot of it. I use it with fat guys as a substitute to replace glycogens after a workout. I use about 60g post-workout.
    WL: Will you do no carbs during the whole 2 hour window post workout when you are using glutamine?
    CP: Correct.No carbs if you are fat.

Now, according to Charles - fat equals any man over 10 percent bodyfat... which I'm not going to argue with. But he said no carbs post workout and 60 grams of Glutamine... anyone followed this for leaning out?

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    Interesting but one would think with the very poor absorbtion of glutamine they wouldnt really be absorbing too much and then the added glutamine would be fighting for absorbtion with the PWO protein that you have just consummed.

Here is the article that he makes this quote in...

It's a PDF so open it in your browser or right click and save it first...

And... I got this from another interview posted at Bodybuilding.com

"Glutamine intake: Recent scientific research has demonstrated that consuming glutamine following exercise can accelerate muscle glycogen resynthesis and glutamine levels, which are critical in the prevention of overtraining, and the creation of an anabolic environment. I recommend ingesting 0.33 g/kg of glutamine, so for a 90 kg man that would be 30 grams. If someone has a higher percentage bodyfat, I up the glutamine and reduce the carbs,"

O.M.E.G.A is offline Douche Bag
    Nothing beats 1 mega dose of Glutamine Peptides post workout or before bed

I dont care if there is no proof it works, it just DOES

try 60 grams of EnerG glutamine Peptides

Well... I got a kilo of L-Glutamine and a bunch of Vitamin C today... and this week I make a major change to my diet/nutrition...

I have been running a basic and well-documented strength routine with a lot of cardio lately (45-60min about 5 days per week). Cardiovascular output has improved a lot but strength gains have taken a major hault...

I am going to start running 10grams of Vitamin C (per Johan's recent posts and reading some info from Coach Polquin about it) and adding 10grams Glutamine (free form and peptide mix) before bed and about 40grams post workout (and cutting PWO carbs in half). I'll see how it effects my current training cycle... and bodyfat levels...

Might as well try it out...

I reccomend if you use that much vit c trying to add in as many anti oxidants as well.

as that much vit c can be pro oxidative

right on

try the peptides at a higher doses (40-60 grams) thats when the magic happens

also for your strength issues take 15 grams of creatine a day or 4-5 grams of CEE a day

Bryan - I always take a strong multivit/min... currently trying GNC MegaMen Sport... as well as MRP's with extra vits, anti-oxi, aminos, glutamine, creatine...

OMEGA - you got me, I'll up it to a minimum of 40 grams PWO and try for around 50-60 grams. What about at night? 5-10g's good?

Anyone know how 10 teaspoons translates into cups? For an easier measuing scoop...

This kilo prolly won't last long...

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior

OMEGA - you got me, I'll up it to a minimum of 40 grams PWO and try for around 50-60 grams. What about at night? 5-10g's good?

Anyone know how 10 teaspoons translates into cups? For an easier measuing scoop...

This kilo prolly won't last long...
    at 60 grams a day a kilo will last 2 weeks and 3 days, however the anticatabolic response and immune increase is well worth it. You will only know till you try it.

Try EnerG glutamine Peptides by Genetec there is some available at Bodybuilding.com at $29 a kilo, it differs from all other peptides since They were custom made for Genetec, the material is unique and so are its properties.

they taste funny but boy do they work

1 Large teaspoon is about 20 grams of glutamine peptides which = 7 grams of bioavailable glutamine. Have three teaspoons a day either all in one serving or in divided fashion.

most notice that Post workout or before bed is all that is needed
    Last edited by O.M.E.G.A; 01-10-2006 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OMEGA
    at 60 grams a day a kilo will last 2 weeks and 3 days, however the anticatabolic response and immune increase is well worth it. You will only know till you try it.

Try EnerG glutamine Peptides by Genetec there is some available at Bodybuilding.com at $29 a kilo, it differs from all other peptides since They were custom made for Genetec, the material is unique and so are its properties.they taste funny but boy do they work

1 Large teaspoon is about 20 grams of glutamine peptides which = 7 grams of bioavailable glutamine. Have three teaspoons a day either all in one serving or in divided fashion.

Please explain the bolded???

and typical multis are a good start but supplimenting with further anti oxidants are a much better alternative as well if you have the extra cash

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan2
    Please explain the bolded???

thats proprietary info

the statement says what it says.....

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    What has been the feedback on Glutamine Eythl Ester? Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    What has been the feedback on Glutamine Eythl Ester? Anyone?

its been ok

we have:

L-glutamine ( considered useless)
    Glutamine Peptides
    N-Acetyl-glutamine
    Glutamine Ethyl Ester

in my own experience ( on customers and self)

the N-acetyl and peptides forms were actually "felt"

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Good stuff Omega might have to give that a try. Custom carry it?

Giantz11

I am not sure who carries it

I only tried the raw form on myself, its very much like Acetyl Glutamine

I think if you go to bodybuilding.com 's online store there might be a couple of supp companies that have it

thats proprietary info

the statement says what it says.....

I mean I really dont like getting down manufacturers throats but I fail to see how your peptides can be any different(or better) than the next leading compatitions???

without reve****g any ingredients can you tell me HOW it is "better"?

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan2
    I mean I really dont like getting down manufacturers throats but I fail to see how your peptides can be any different(or better) than the next leading compatitions???

without reve****g any ingredients can you tell me HOW it is "better"?
    glutamine peptides are hydrolyzed or made sythetically

there are several ways to do this, there are also even more things to use to do it, there are also even more nuances that achieve a specific result.........

that result is what was responsible for it working

not trying to be elusive sir this is just the truth for this specific material...

glutamine peptides are hydrolyzed or made sythetically

there are several ways to do this, there are also even more things to use to do it, there are also even more nuances that achieve a specific result.........

that result is what was responsible for it working

not trying to be elusive sir this is just the truth for this specific material...

Ok i guess ill leave the discussion at that then

do you have a flavoring system with your product???

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    Not trying to jack here, but waht type of vitamin C r u using, pills or powder?? i heard the powders better, is this true. Also i read its not good to take it over 1 or 2 servings, its best obsorbed it taken over 4 or 5 servings a day??

Quote Originally Posted by Machdiesel
    Not trying to jack here, but waht type of vitamin C r u using, pills or powder?? i heard the powders better, is this true. Also i read its not good to take it over 1 or 2 servings, its best obsorbed it taken over 4 or 5 servings a day??
    Right now I got some GNC timed-release 1500mg tabs I take through out the day... and then some regular Vitamin C 1000mg toward the evening. I'd rather not have a "timed-release" Vitamin C at night since it has an effect on the adrenal gland...

And your right, a lot in one setting will not absord as well as giving a steady release through out the day...

CanadianGhost is offline Junior Member
    I've never done the mega-dose of Glutamine....

I've always stuck to around 10 g before bed....I might give it a try though.

Anyone else try mega-dosing glutamine?

Questions:

What about the 50g's on non-training days?

And should I keep adding a scoop of whey to the PWO shake? Right now I mix the glutamine with a banana and a little OJ... wonderin' if I should take the normal scoop of whey as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    Questions:

What about the 50g's on non-training days?

go by feel on off days

POST workout use of peptides or whatever Glutamine you choose is the most important "window" for its use

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianGhost

Anyone else try mega-dosing glutamine?
    some people swear by it

especially while off cycle or natural

limpdin is offline Junior Member

Try EnerG glutamine Peptides by Genetec there is some available at Bodybuilding.com at $29 a kilo, it differs from all other peptides since They were custom made for Genetec, the material is unique and so are its properties.

they taste funny but boy do they work

I ordered the EnerG glutamine peptides by Genetec on BB.com last week. I just got an e-mail from them saying that this product has been discontinued by the manufacturer.

What would be the next best brand of glutamine peptides you guys would recommend?

Thread Information