OT8268 is offline Associate Member

Any Vegitarians Out there???

I just had a nutrionist come to our team and talk to us, and she suprisingly said that you can be a good athlete and put on strength while having more energy by being a vegan. Now I don't know if I am compltely sold but I did decide to alternate days that I am eating meat now just to give it a shot. Now is anyone here a body builder or weight lifter that is a vegitarian? If so how do you keep up with the protein intake? What protein supplements are good that are animal product free?

Also if you feel that you dont believe this reply also, I would like to hear everyones thoughts on vegitarian athletes and weight lifters, thank you

gymaddict is offline Female Member
    bump..
    Ive always been told vegetable protein cannot be used to build muscle..,yet i havent been able to find any articles anywhere to prove or dis-prove it.
    [email protected]
    ~Do I Freak You Out Baby!?~
    www.bodybuildingextreme.com

bmp

Tedmax195 is offline Member
    If god did not want us to eat meat he would not have given us a small intestine.

haha, but seriously this post isnt meant to be a flame on vegetarians I am honestly very inerested in this, while I dont plan on cutting out meat entiretly from my diet, the nutritionist that talked to our team did make me think, and I could honestly say that with in the last 4-5 years of my life I could probably count the number of days on my hands that I have went with out meat.

Tedmax195 is offline Member
    I know i'm only joking but i'm curious also.

it amazes me there is so little info about this..Ill try to dig something up
    [email protected]

I found this website about a vegetarian bodybuilder, but I am with you I am sure there has to be at least a couple on this board, but every just looks at the steroids forum, here is the web stie I found

http://ksteveh.tripod.com/veggiebodybuilder.html

I found two sites..the first one is a little vague and doesnt exactly hit questions. I think for the most part vegitarian bodybuilders are relying on milk,eggs,cheese..etc for protein which isnt really vegetable protein at all... here are two links, not finding a whole lot. http://www.vegsoc.org/info/protein.html
    and another link with vegitarian bodybuilder
    http://www.veggie.org/msg-boards/veg...sages/110.html
    (from what i see on this board..most veggie builders are having a hard time)
    [email protected]

BiosThornton is offline Junior Member
    Seems to me, that the Veggie eaters don't have much of a chance at actually building quallity mass. Protein is an essential! You would have to eat a lot of eggs and cheese to even get close to a steak.

firedup is offline Junior Member
    I went to the veggiebodybuilders site.
    he is a Lacto-ovo vegitarin.
    which means dairy and eggs.
    And whey and egg protein make up alot of what the people on this board eat. I but being a VEGAN is a whole different ball game.
    I don't think you can pack on lean mass by taking in 150 grams of Soy protien a day. That stuff will fatten you up, and increase you estogen.
    " Beef...it's whats for dinner"

Thread Information