soj
    soj is offline New Member

natural dhea sulfate level question

was hoping macrophage69alpha or someone with a good understanding of dhea levels could help me out.

does your body's natural dhea sulfate level fluctuate throughout the day?, or more specifically, would your natural dhea sulfate levels be significantly lower within the first few hours of waking up?

i recently had extinsive bloodwork and noticed the only thing not in the normal range were my dhea sulfate levels which were flagged as low. they were actually seemingly very low at 104 ug/dL given the bloodwork listed the "normal" range at 280-640 for someone my age.

any thoughts on what might cause this?, i've not found any information on the cause of low dhea sulfate levels at a young age on the net other than HIV, and i'm not HIV positive. is this possibly just genetic?

i prepared for the bloodwork properly by fasting the correct amount of time and i was taking no supplements prior to the bloodwork.

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    typically yes all hormonal levels fluctuate throughout the day

what is your age???

soj
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan2
    typically yes all hormonal levels fluctuate throughout the day

what is your age???
    i am 27. i thought they might fluctuate a little and there might be a possibility they were a little low due to the fact that i had the blood sample drawn after i had been awake for only about 2hrs. however 104 ug/dL seems very low.

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    it is on the low side however your other numbers are in the norm and I doubt youll see any side effects until your are quite a bit older to warrant any concern about it.

Quote Originally Posted by soj
    was hoping macrophage69alpha or someone with a good understanding of dhea levels could help me out.

does your body's natural dhea sulfate level fluctuate throughout the day?, or more specifically, would your natural dhea sulfate levels be significantly lower within the first few hours of waking up?

i recently had extinsive bloodwork and noticed the only thing not in the normal range were my dhea sulfate levels which were flagged as low. they were actually seemingly very low at 104 ug/dL given the bloodwork listed the "normal" range at 280-640 for someone my age.

any thoughts on what might cause this?, i've not found any information on the cause of low dhea sulfate levels at a young age on the net other than HIV, and i'm not HIV positive. is this possibly just genetic?

i prepared for the bloodwork properly by fasting the correct amount of time and i was taking no supplements prior to the bloodwork.
    are you taking any supplements or drugs? there are a number of compounds that can interfere with DHEA production as well as sulfation via Dehydroepiandrosterone sulfotransferase .

what were your other hormone levels like?

soj
    Quote Originally Posted by macrophage69alpha
    are you taking any supplements or drugs? there are a number of compounds that can interfere with DHEA production as well as sulfation via Dehydroepiandrosterone sulfotransferase .

what were your other hormone levels like?
    no, prior to having the bloodwork done i was working out regularly and taking no supplements or drugs of any sort, other than protein supplemented to my clean diet. although my sleeping was fairly irregular due to my schedule.

all my other levels were great, well within normal range, nothing else was flagged.
    my igf-1 was 158 ng/mL.
    testosterone serum was 496 ng/dL
    testosterone direct was 16.7 pg/mL

Quote Originally Posted by soj
    no, prior to having the bloodwork done i was working out regularly and taking no supplements or drugs of any sort, other than protein supplemented to my clean diet. although my sleeping was fairly irregular due to my schedule.

all my other levels were great, well within normal range, nothing else was flagged.
    my igf-1 was 158 ng/mL.
    testosterone serum was 496 ng/dL
    testosterone direct was 16.7 pg/mL
    thats low normal testosterone and very low free testosterone

dhea levels?
    oestrogen(1,2,3)?
    thyroid?

Milky87 is offline Member
    his testosterone isnt low. average levels are500 - 550. 'low' is under 250

Quote Originally Posted by Milky87
    his testosterone isnt low. average levels are500 - 550. 'low' is under 250
    thats low normal, below 400 is low. normal range is 400-1000, 500 is low normal.

Thread Information