DC24 is offline Junior Member

Weider Products Any Good?

Ok here's the deal, The guy that runs the gym where I go to says that they are not any good, and that they are all junk. This is also a guy who sells liquid creatine! He's been trying to get me to buy some of his supps, wants me to get a bottle of creatine serum for $20.00 off of him. Thanks to the knowledge of this board, I've stayed away from it due to creatine being unstable in liquid form. The other day I got a deal at Wally world,1000 grms of Weider ATP creatine for $6.50 and, he goes and makes a big deal out of it, saying that there products are junk. Is he right or am I wrong? Says that Weider products went down hill and that it isn't going to do anything. Has any of you used any of these products and what did ya think about them. I personally don't see where there would be any problems, but just thought I would ask.

Ryanhallmark is offline Senior Member
    Isnt that who sponsers Ronnie Coleman?

Thanks for info dude, I don't really know who is sponsered by who, I'm still kinda new to it all. I didn't think there was anything wrong with it, but I like to here ppls opinion about stuff.

Man 10 views and 1 response, Musta been a stupid question.

03733+$ is offline Associate Member
    IMO-You get what you pay for!
    The cheap wieder creatine that you get at wally world will prob work as good as a pair of cheap running shoes that will last a month before falling apart!
    I personally think that wieder products are Junk
    For the sponcering of Ronnie Coleman.................
    I see all these magazine ads that have BBs holding there creatine, or other products But I wouldnt believe for a minute, thats what they used to get big!
    Just an advertising scheme!

Thanks for the response dude, Like I said I normally use EAS Creatine, but this was on sale. Was normally like 15 to 17 dollars. Don't know gonna give it a try, and see what happens. Oh yeah I know that there are advertising schemes out there, like that dumb ol ab engerizer thingy, I am new to it all and am trying to get myself educated so I'm not mislead, I didn't have time to do a search or anything, beings though I can only get online while I'm at work. Didn't have time to go through and read a thousand threads on what ppl thought. Again thanks for the input and I'll get back to ya on here and let you know what happens.

demetri is offline Member
    Ten years ago all Weider products were crap. Good old Joe was just trying to get our money any way he could and the products were all low quality.

I remember flipping through Muscle & Fitness and seeing one ad for a Weider product extolling the virtures of long chain amino acids and why you should avoid the short chain amino acids. The next page would have an ad for another Weider product extolling the virtues of short chain amino acids and why you should avoid the long chain ones.

Either way you were ripped off. I've heard that the new Weider products are good. They have to be due to the nature of the market place now. I would advice you not to buy them now as a matter of pricipal. Good old Joe ripped off bodybuilders for many years and I won't contrubute to his wealth regardless of how good the products are now.

demetri is offline Member
    Originally posted by DC24
    I normally use EAS Creatine, but this was on sale.
    Honestly I don't think you'll find a difference. None of those supplement companies make their own creatine and I doubt that many of them even do their own packaging. EAS and most other Supplement companies get their products from the same source and the only difference is usually the label .... that being said there are some comanies out there that will buy bulk protein/creatine/ or whatever and add "fillers" to it and make false claims.

Buying EAS you're guranteed that you're getting what the label says, but you're also paying for the name.

The thing to keep in mind is that all the major supplement companies own the major magazines and their goal is to get you to buy their supplements. Most of the articles are advertisments.

IMO it's best to go with the mid-priced product so you're still getting what's claimed but not paying for a name/image or making up for lack of advertising revenue in their magazine's.

I got ya, I haven't read alot of the mags, so don't really know what's in them. Getting all my info from on here and what guys at the gym talk aobut. Thanks for you info, I'll consider it a lesson learned then.

Thread Information