kastro64 is offline New Member

Tell me if you think this is total sh*t

So I was on the AST Sports Nutrition Website checking out their products and Max OT program, which I found to be pretty interesting. All minor details aside I discovered that they have some decent products for sale...or so I thought. I was looking to up my protein intake during the course of the day and I ran into their Meal Replacement which is dubbed NyTro Pro 40. So I start doing a little research and come to find out what they call "Complex Carbohydrates" is actually Maltodextrin! Now I know that Maltodextrin is at least a Disaccharide, but they made it sound like it was a meal not a post workout drink. So I made the effort to call and I think I'll add here that their staff doesn't know crap because the girl on the phone was stuttering cause she had no idea what to tell me. She reffered me to some email, and 4-5 days later i got a email back with an explanation of this link:

http://www.ast-ss.com/dev/qa_search/...ext.asp?ID=687

Can someone tell me if this is total bullshit, or does it make sense? Cause I always thought you wanted to save your major insulin spike for after your workout during the timeframe where your body needs it the most, not inbetween solid meals.

sorry for the long post...!

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    I wouldn't use it as a meal replacement. Personally I'd just stick with real food(solids) and a PWO shake. Maybe I'm too traditional though? If you wanted to take it as a snack inbetween meals... I couldn't see the harm in that. When bulking I'll take meal replacement shakes inbetween meals to bump my cals up.

kastro64 is offline New Member
    bump

Thread Information