Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 27 of 27

Thread: Sesapure

  1. #1
    kman's Avatar
    kman is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    2,132

    Sesapure

    Just got a bottle of Sesapure, and need some info.
    1. What is the best time to take it?
    2. How much, if I am on clean bulking diet?
    3. I am also taking Glucorell R before carb meals along with 1000mg
    of Alcar, and 500mg Alcar in between
    meals, so will Sesapure fit in with those and when?
    I am 6 ft 3 190 at 6% bf, and Have been using this stack for several months pre workout: Ephedrine 25mg, caffenine 200mg, and Alcar 1000mg... So last ? would Sesapure be a good addition to my supps, or would it be to much for me, since I am already very lean?
    All help is greatly appreciated,,,,Especially you MAC.......

  2. #2
    kman's Avatar
    kman is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    2,132
    Bump

  3. #3
    Kurz's Avatar
    Kurz is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    596
    I love when people buy something, supplements, food, or gear.....then they say, ok, is this any good? How do I take this? LOL....kills me.............

    It's like going out and buying a used 02 Chevy Avalanche with 22,000 miles and THEN looking at consumer reports to see if there were any problems in '02
    Last edited by Giantz11; 01-27-2006 at 12:38 PM.

  4. #4
    Giantz11's Avatar
    Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,317
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurz
    I love when people buy something, supplements, food, or gear.....then they say, ok, is this any good? How do I take this? LOL....kills me.............

    It's like going out and buying a used 02 Chevy Avalanche with 22,000 miles and THEN looking at consumer reports to see if there were any problems in '02.
    Easy Bro, that's not really fair. If you don't have any advice for him stay the hell out of this thread. Flaming will not be tolerated, as these are legit questions.

    Sesapure which is Sesamin, has been proven to be one of the top new supplements in recent memory. And there are certain times it should be taken. From what I've gathered from Avant Labs, when they first came out with SesaThin, they said to take it with meals containing 10g of fat or more to increase absorbtion, but they also said just make sure to at least take it with food.

    I've also seen many people say that taking over 1000mg when bulking makes it more difficult so I'd say start at 1000mg and go from there.

    I'll bump this for Mac as he will have some anwers for you as well.

  5. #5
    keth'naab's Avatar
    keth'naab is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    267
    I use 2 caps, 3x per day with my "higher fat" meals.

    great stuff, truly great stuff.

  6. #6
    prolangtum's Avatar
    prolangtum is offline Supplement Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,427
    if your bulking id start at 1,000mgs

  7. #7
    kman's Avatar
    kman is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    2,132
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurz
    I love when people buy something, supplements, food, or gear.....then they say, ok, is this any good? How do I take this? LOL....kills me.............

    It's like going out and buying a used 02 Chevy Avalanche with 22,000 miles and THEN looking at consumer reports to see if there were any problems in '02
    Pointless respond, and whats wrong with being more educated. I am taking a natural supp, something that is proven to help your liver, kidney, and aids in fat loss....Not asking how to take winny, or can I drink it... Your comparrison to my question shows your immaturity..

  8. #8
    kman's Avatar
    kman is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    2,132
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    Easy Bro, that's not really fair. If you don't have any advice for him stay the hell out of this thread. Flaming will not be tolerated, as these are legit questions.

    Sesapure which is Sesamin, has been proven to be one of the top new supplements in recent memory. And there are certain times it should be taken. From what I've gathered from Avant Labs, when they first came out with SesaThin, they said to take it with meals containing 10g of fat or more to increase absorbtion, but they also said just make sure to at least take it with food.

    I've also seen many people say that taking over 1000mg when bulking makes it more difficult so I'd say start at 1000mg and go from there.

    I'll bump this for Mac as he will have some anwers for you as well.
    Thanks bro,,,, My Sesapure from AF is 700mg and says to take1-2 capsules up to 3 times a day, so that would mean I just start of with 1 cap? Thanks again, and a Bump for Mac

  9. #9
    kman's Avatar
    kman is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    2,132
    Bump

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    1,668
    Quote Originally Posted by kman
    Thanks bro,,,, My Sesapure from AF is 700mg and says to take1-2 capsules up to 3 times a day, so that would mean I just start of with 1 cap? Thanks again, and a Bump for Mac
    its 60% sesamin/episesamin so 700mg of extract=420mg of sesamin/episesamin

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    1,668



  12. #12
    kman's Avatar
    kman is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    2,132
    Quote Originally Posted by macrophage69alpha
    its 60% sesamin/episesamin so 700mg of extract=420mg of sesamin/episesamin
    Thanks bro, been taking 2 caps with p/f meals 2-3 times a day. Can't say I see results yet, but I am pumped to see how it works for my one week vacation coming up, which I plan on cutting back on workouts, and bulking up on all sorts of food. Also when would one take glucorell, and sesapure while throwing back a few beers.. Thanx

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    1,668
    Quote Originally Posted by kman
    Thanks bro, been taking 2 caps with p/f meals 2-3 times a day. Can't say I see results yet, but I am pumped to see how it works for my one week vacation coming up, which I plan on cutting back on workouts, and bulking up on all sorts of food. Also when would one take glucorell, and sesapure while throwing back a few beers.. Thanx
    overeating is where the benefits are typically most apparent. take them with the meal prior, you can also take sesapure just before, even while you are drinking. sesamin/episesamin has been shown to increase aldehyde dehydrogenase levels by 300% (aldehydes are the most neurotoxic metabolites of alcohol). So thats a 3 fold increase in the removal and reduction of those toxic metabolites.

  14. #14
    rissinite's Avatar
    rissinite is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    FLA
    Posts
    334
    Macro:
    I've been taking 1 pill, 3x per day at random times, not with meals. I'm 6'5", 235lbs, do I need to take more and should it be taken with meals?

  15. #15
    kman's Avatar
    kman is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    2,132
    Quote Originally Posted by macrophage69alpha
    overeating is where the benefits are typically most apparent. take them with the meal prior, you can also take sesapure just before, even while you are drinking. sesamin/episesamin has been shown to increase aldehyde dehydrogenase levels by 300% (aldehydes are the most neurotoxic metabolites of alcohol). So thats a 3 fold increase in the removal and reduction of those toxic metabolites.
    Great, thanx again bro. Your advice is on point and appreciated, and trust me overeating will be happenong on this well needed vacation. I will keep ya posted on my results, cause I will be weighing myself before I go, and as soon as I get back...

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    1,668
    how did that go?

  17. #17
    Tkarrde's Avatar
    Tkarrde is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    57
    Macro you're the man

  18. #18
    kman's Avatar
    kman is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    2,132
    Quote Originally Posted by macrophage69alpha
    how did that go?
    Sorry been away for awhile, but I guess it went ok. I took off 5 days of lifting and did not eat as bad as I thought I would for that week of my vacation, compared to my diet where I seperate my carbs and fat, and all that good stuff.
    Anyway I had tons of lobster, steak, and desert everynight which consisted of cookies, coldstone icecream, and apple pie, while breakfast was eggwhites and pancakes with butter and tons of syrup...hmmm. I gained 2 pounds, and honestly can't say if the Sesapure helped or not. HOWEVER, I was drinking on all 5 off those nights, and I don't know if this is possible, but felt like I recovered a bit faster than normal.
    Overall I think it is a good product, and has many benifits, so I will continue to use it. But being I do have a fast metabolism I might need to take like 2 weeks off and cheat big time to see if the Sesapure really has an effect on fat loss. I don't think I will do that though!!!!!!!!!! felt like crap my first day back, but it was well needed.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    1,668
    Quote Originally Posted by Tkarrde
    Macro you're the man


  20. #20
    kman's Avatar
    kman is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    2,132
    Yo mac do you think that sesapure helps you recover quicker will consuming alcohol? I know it will help your liver, but will you actually feel the difference the next day, as far as hangovers go like I explained, or was I just buggin.

  21. #21
    Giantz11's Avatar
    Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,317
    No question Sesamin will help with hangovers. I take it any time I'm drinking. Sounds to me like it stood up to some heavy eating. I use it all the time for damage control while on vacation etc... And it does the job everytime, amazing. Although it seems to suit me better in that regard that weight loss.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    1,668
    Quote Originally Posted by kman
    Yo mac do you think that sesapure helps you recover quicker will consuming alcohol? I know it will help your liver, but will you actually feel the difference the next day, as far as hangovers go like I explained, or was I just buggin.
    as giantz11 said. it will definitely help. mostly because it significantly increases aldehyde dehydrogenase production (aldehydes are the metabolites of alcohol that are most damaging).

    aldehyde dehydrogenase breaks down and deactivates aldehydes.

    so yes sesapure will help you recover quicker and minimize the "damage" done by alcohol and its metabolites.

  23. #23
    kman's Avatar
    kman is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    2,132
    Quote Originally Posted by macrophage69alpha
    as giantz11 said. it will definitely help. mostly because it significantly increases aldehyde dehydrogenase production (aldehydes are the metabolites of alcohol that are most damaging).

    aldehyde dehydrogenase breaks down and deactivates aldehydes.

    so yes sesapure will help you recover quicker and minimize the "damage" done by alcohol and its metabolites.
    Thanks just order 2 more bottles, Wish I knew about this during my partying years!!!!!!

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    1,668
    its becoming quite popular along those lines, as well as for during heavy bulking (to reduce fat gains)

  25. #25
    hrdcre's Avatar
    hrdcre is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Omaha Nebraska
    Posts
    9

    Unhappy I'm new

    I'm new here and and after reading the thread I'm afraid to ask anything considering the first answer. I thought thats what these boards are for. WOW

  26. #26
    Quil's Avatar
    Quil is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Anchorage, AK
    Posts
    694
    Could someone give me a little advice on taking this while on the "Official How to Cut..." diet? I don't really have very many "high fat" meals, unless you count the protein/flax shakes. Any suggestions on when to take it? Breakfast, lunch and dinner maybe? Thanks

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    1,668
    Quote Originally Posted by hrdcre
    I'm new here and and after reading the thread I'm afraid to ask anything considering the first answer. I thought thats what these boards are for. WOW
    everyone has their opinions about the role of supplements.. dont let some peoples negative attitude jade you toward the forum or supplements. People are always going to flame (even sometimes when you have a really relevant question or answer)-- take it with a grain of salt..

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •