Dmixedup is offline New Member

Question New guy here.....

Hey, Im Damon,31, and I have the delightful bipolar disorder. Im about 170 pounds , just got back to hitting the gym at a constant pace 4 to 5 days a week. My goal is to get upto about 190-200 lbs. I know that this will take a long time, but Im determined. Anyways, my psych had told me not to mix supplements with the meds that Im taking. Im going to try my best and follow those orders, but the angel on my right shoulder is telling me to on that.

Anyone take meds with supplements and what side effects do you go through? Im sure my moods would be hazardous for my health, that's why I may just go off the supplements entirely. Some dilemma this is. Are there any alternatives besides supplements? I mean I am eating healthier, and trying to throw down bigger portions due to my fast metabolism. Lately I havent done much cardio after working out because I don't want to burn so many calories. Please help.

bump, cause i wanna know also

Dmixedup is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Got Insulin?
    bump, cause i wanna know also

You wanna know what exactly?

Milky87 is offline Member
    She is a psych, not a doctor, what would she know. It would be MUCH better to talk to either a doctor (GP) or pharmicist

Texsun is offline Junior Member
    I believe some supplement labels advise not to take them with anti-depressants. If I'm not mistaken, a bottle of Redkat warns against it.

Milky87 is offline Member
    Depending on the class of anti-depressant you have, you also shouldnt eat certain foods. As a general rule: avoid drugs with a loose amine (hormones dont hve these)

Thread Information