ravaz is offline Associate Member

Slowest releasing protein?

Anyone here suggest which protein I can take before bed? Want something that digests slowly... If you can give any brands, that would be great also. Thanks guys..

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    solid food is good, but is not get whey Caseinate

SUPERDAVE is offline Banned
    i heard if you make a protein shake and put olive oil in it digests slowly. I do it every night.

I know that I can use solid food, but at 11/12 at night, I hate preparing food. I just want to make a shake and hit the sack you know? So get Whey Caseinate protein? Any clue on who makes some of that? Thanks guys.

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    www.protienfactory.com is good place, not sure who else sells it alone. Peronally i like a blend of something like caseinate/egg/isolate, gives nice time release, and yes some fat like Peanut butter, flax oil slows things down a bit too.

skiboy is offline Associate Member
    casien, try like milk and cottage cheese, before, but be careful you can't mix certain multis w/ milk i.e. ZMA
    peace

Warthog is offline New Member
    PRO BLEND 55 BY HDT. its the shit bro. U should definatley try it out. I take it before i go to bed. Very good stuff

Tank21 is offline Associate Member
    I agree with Warthog. Pro Blend is by far the best i have ever used and it has different spectrums of whey and types including a casein which is absorbed slower. Solid food would be the way too go but not everybody can stomach a can of tuna at bedtime. If you are real die hard and are trying to combat the catabolic state that your body is in while you sleep, try having a shake prepared with the casein and getting up in the middle of the night.

FromFleshtoSteel is offline Associate Member
    what about some of that new shit by urban biologistics or whatever? You know, the guys that make the somnabol and the other stuff. I've never tried it, but I have heard lots of good things about it from friends. The only downside is it's super expenisive. Other than that, I've heard casein, or egg protein is good for slow release. Good Luck.

Thanks for all the responses guys.. A friend told me to try ISS Research Pro M3. So I've been using that with a little bit of flax seed oil each night 30 mins before bed and I guess we will see what happens. Thanks for the replies, it's appreciated.

-ravaz

Thread Information