Thread: protein

Gulk18 is offline New Member

protein

what is the best time to take your protein shake and how much protein should you take in a day

Pembo is offline Junior Member
    Don't mean to flame but your going to have to provide more info than this. Are you trying to bulk or cut? How many times a day are you eating? What types of food are you eating? What type of protien powder do you have?

Your best bet is to do a search using the key words 'diet information' 'eat every three hours'.

You need to read read and read again and your knowledege will grow. If you are struggling PM me and I can help with some info and point you in the right direction.

Gulk18 is offline New Member
    i didnt mean to leave out im bulking.. i do eat almost every 3 hours. and im staying away from fried foods and junk food

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Really no best time if your gettin your protein. I drink 4-5 a day because I'm on the move or don't have access to make something. 7am, 11,am, 3pm, 6pm, and right before bed at 11pm.
    I'd say that you should definately take one right before bed for your sleep fasting though, a slow release protein, stay away from whey isolate unless it's post workout. I would go with some kind of a blend for any other time so you get a slower release and your body does'nt absorb as fast. MO

rexflexall is offline Associate Member
    pheendo is right, depending on how much you get from actual food. take in as much as you can with meals and supplement the rest with a blended protein(one containing more than one kind of protein) the most important time to take a shake however is imediately after your workout, with some simple carbs to spike that insulin !

Pembo is offline Junior Member

Look at this post for post workout nutrition

Check out on diet posts one near the to called 'Explanations of post workout nutrtion' or it goes something like that.

http://www.anabolicreview.com/vbulle...threadid=22781
    Last edited by Pembo; 05-31-2002 at 04:00 PM.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Here are my key times for protein when bulking:
    • Morning - protein shake (I want it into my system ASAP and I can't wait for high protein food to be digested)
    • Meals - High Protein/Carb Food (I want it to last longer in my system)
    • Between Meals - protein shake (a quick boost to add on to the protein from food)
    • Post-Workout - protein shake and high carb food (I want it into my system ASAP and I can't wait for high protein food to be digested)
    • Bedtime - High Protein Food (I want it to last throughout my sleep)
    Last edited by EXCESS; 06-02-2002 at 12:24 AM.

Thread Information