Thread: Supplements ???

bmfwalton is offline New Member

Question Supplements ???

Right now I take a little protein before my workout and then a full protein shake after my workout. I want to take some creatine and glutamine. I have heard so much info like you should take glutamine after your workout but not with protein. Or at night. Or before your workout????? I just would like to know what are some good brands, and when to take all the supplements...protein, creatine, glutamine? Thanks!

Lobsterboy is offline New Member
    It all depends on with time you train and what you eat when.
    For example: if you train at 1800 and eat at 1930( which contains protein like Fish, chicken, lean meat etc), you best take a shake at 1630.
    So tell me and mabye I can help you out a bit cause I've been doing some research.
    I'm taking creatin & glutamine (and an proteinsupplement) at this moment.

bmfwalton is offline New Member
    I usually wake up about 11:00am, eat some oatmeal and fruit. Then about 1:00 I eat some meat like chicken or turkey! I work out around 2:30pm or 3:00pm. So by around 4:00pm I take my protein shake. I usually like to do this because when I am done with my workout I want some protein right away. That's why I have the shake because it's quick. I eat my next meal around 5:00, then about 8:00, then a snack before bed! All containing meats, veggi's, fruits! I'm always hungry!! Hope this helps!

Ryanhallmark is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by bmfwalton
    I usually wake up about 11:00am, eat some oatmeal and fruit. Then about 1:00 I eat some meat like chicken or turkey! I work out around 2:30pm or 3:00pm. So by around 4:00pm I take my protein shake. I usually like to do this because when I am done with my workout I want some protein right away. That's why I have the shake because it's quick. I eat my next meal around 5:00, then about 8:00, then a snack before bed! All containing meats, veggi's, fruits! I'm always hungry!! Hope this helps!
    You can never get too much protien..try to get some in every 2-3 hours..I cant turn too fat..and your body loves it, for growing..About Glutamine, if it is glutamine-L (I think it is L) which most common, it only will uptake on an empty tummy...so just take it after your work out with a shake, and then just eat about 45 min later....

Sorry you had to wit a while,
    but here are some pointers:

Like Ryanhallmark said: every 2-3 hrs eat protein, BUT you can eat to much of it cause your body will burn them for fuel or storage them as fat, so on a day you should eat : (these are Europenen weightsizes)
    1.5 -2 gram of every Kilogram you weigh,
    divided in meals of 30-40 grams of protein.
    Try to eat protein in the morning aswell !!
    Cause your body didn't had non when you were asleep.
    Best take your proteinshake ± 1 hrs before workout, eat you carbs at least 30 min before.
    If you take a postworkout shake an proitein 1hrs after that, it will be a waist of protein.
    Try to plan your workout that it end an half hour later, dont take the shake just use some (do you call them?) fast carbs like some dextrose, a banana is even better.
    For creatin look wat suites you best: before or after workout, most people take it after cause it will asorb better but taken before you could get a better pump (take 1hrs before workout, dont mix with milk or caffeine and try to limit your caffeine intake till 0 while(before) using)
    Glutamine take (5 grams)in the morning with some fruitjuice and after workout or before going to sleep on empty stomach)
    Its better not to take at the same time as creatin(searh this forum)
    Hope it helps you!

Neo
    Neo is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by Ryanhallmark

About Glutamine, if it is glutamine-L (I think it is L) which most common, it only will uptake on an empty tummy...so just take it after your work out with a shake, and then just eat about 45 min later....

Good call, bro. L-glutamine is best taken on an empty stomach. IMO its easiest to take right when you get up and right before bed. I try not to take it with a protein shake because I've been told that it inhibits the effects of L-glutamine. Usually I take 5 grams in the morning and 5 at night.

As far as creatine goes, I've taken it both before and after workouts, but have found that my stomach feels a lot better when I take it post workout. Although if you take micronized creatine, it's a lot easier on the stomach, is easily mixed, and won't settle on the bottom of your cup as much as normal creatine....

thanx for your appreciation, neo!

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    I have been doing this and seems to be working well, this is ONLY thing i am taking right now so good time to test and see what really works or doesn't

I take 75g Dextrose/5g creatine/10g glut. post workout right after before i hit shower. Then about 30min later i have my shake w/ 60g P and 30g of carbs(more simple ones) then eat normal meals rest of day.

Now i have read that Creatine and glut. at same time is not ideal, but does seem to be working ok for me.

Thread Information