Question Creatine and fat loss

Hi every body this is my first thread but i have been researching and reading planty since I joined two months ago. I have three questions and i hope they can be answered.

Q1) I have got a bit of advice from people telling me to stay away from creatine if im trying to lose body fat what is your opinoin on this.

Q2) I know you all say that cell-tech is overpriced however in Aust. I can buy it for about $US25 a kilo but about the best I can buy Creatine Mono is $US35 what is the better option. One is ready to drink the other I still have to add ALA, Lglutamine etc.

Q3) From what I can gather the best ceatine is manufactured in the US or Germany. Please fill this simple boy in and name the manufactures that source their creatine from the US and Germany.

Thanks for your patience and may you all stay strong and lean.

Neo
    Neo is offline Senior Member
    First off...welcome to AR....

1) Take the creatine. It helps build lean muscle mass. It may make you a little bloated but not to worry. It's definitely worth taking if gaining muscle is your goal.

2) Cell-tech is definitely overpriced, but if that is what is available to you and is cheaper for you....then by all means, go for it. I, personally, buy creatine and L-glutamine seperately. L-gluatmine should be taken on an empty stomach. I take it when I get up in the morning and right before I go to bed.

3) check out some websites that sell supplements. This board is sponsored by www.allsportsnutrition.com which has really good prices and selection. I'm not sure if they ship to Australia, but at least you can get some profiles on creatine. I use micronized creatine. It's easier to mix and better on the stomach.

Hope this helped bro...if you have any more questions, then shoot me a PM.

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    :BUMP:

my trainer said i shouldnt take it either. Thanks for the info Neo

j.j. is offline Associate Member
    So you don't want to take it post workout? I know I get five grams from my protein shake but if you did do it how much would your body actually intake if you took fifteen grams a day? ie. three times a day-morning, post wo, and before bed

Neo
    Neo is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by Buddha_Red
    :BUMP:

my trainer said i shouldnt take it either. Thanks for the info Neo
    Anytime bro. JJ...I'm assuming you are talking about L-glutamine? L-glutamine and the glutamine that is in your protein shake is different. There is a ton of info here on AR about this. L-glutamine is best taken on an empty stomach and the easiest time to do so is when you wake up and right before bed....

woodsy169 is offline Associate Member
    American Whey has a great creatine mix that is called American Stamina...it has only 14g of sugar per serving compared to Cell Tech's 75g...plus you don't have the burning sensation in your throat, it tastes better and mixes a lot better. I have attached a screen shot of the side of the container. I know a distributor where I can get it for $50 for the 50 serving container including shipping. Here is the link, it is under New Products... http://www.americanwhey.com I could definitely tell a difference when I was on it...had to drop it to get rid of the extra water I was carrying for the "summer look" but I will definitely get back on it this fall...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Creatine and fat loss-stamina_ingredients.gif  

FromFleshtoSteel is offline Associate Member
    the reason cell-tech has the 75g of sugar in it is because they researched that it is supposed to be the optimum amount of sugar to add in order to increase creatine uptake by the muscles. so it's not just for flavor

Ironweb is offline Member
    EAS is a good choice. Also met rx has a micronized creatine. It disolves much better that regular creatine.

One of my favorite effects of creatine is it ability to buffer lactic acid buildup. That is the main reason why I take it and is one reason why it helps you build muscle. Simply said it allows you to work harder.

Thread Information