jason92z28 is offline New Member

Question double check my research, please

I've been working out for 4 or 5 years now and want to start using some supplements to help me out. Im 21 yrs. old, 5' 10" 155lbs. I'm having a problem gaining size and strength so I did some research on this site. Here is my proposed list of things that I want to take. Please tell my what you think.

1. Optimum Nutrition Whey Protein
    2. AST Micronized Creatine
    3. Dymatize L-Glutamine
    4. Optimum Nutrition ALA

I know I should take 5grams of L-Glutamine when I wake up and before bed (empty stomach). I am also trying to basically make a poor-mans Celltech with 5 grams creatine, 200grams ALA, and then 50-75grams dextrose (would just eating a banana right after the creatine/ALA be ok?) I would really appreciate it if someone could let me know if this sounds like a good plan. I just want to make sure I got everything right before I order stuff. Thanks.

Neo
    Neo is offline Senior Member
    Take the creatine with grape juice or something along those lines. Micronized creatine is great. It's cheaper and just as effective as Celltech. Make sure you eat A LOT and save the banana for the protein shakes. Take one in the morning with breakfast and one post workout. L-glutamine...you guessed right. 5 grams in the morning and 5 at night. It's always best to take on an empty stomach.

Save yourself some money and don't go to GNC or anything like that...check out www.allsportsnutrition.com

I know that allsports has a 10lbs bag of optimum whey protein on sale for $43.97. (i just ordered some)

Good luck bro, PM me if I can help any further....

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    neo gives good advice, i would just add, corn starch is same thing as dextrose, if i remeber correctly, any brew store and most groc. stores should have it.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Watch out for the Optimum ALA. I took that shit and as I type, my hands are so swollen that I can't see my nuckles. Lips look like I got punched in the mouth, and I had hives yesterday which have subsided now.
    I used EAS ALA with calcium mixed in for months on end but my nutrition store stopped carrying it and picked up the optimium.
    Another friend of mine takes the Optimum with no problem, your call but be careful.

Thread Information