Thread: Protien Shakes

metzger66 is offline Associate Member

Protien Shakes

I don't know about all of you but these things taste like shit to me. Am I missing something or is there anyway to make the myoplex shakes taste any better?

Ajax is offline Senior Member
    I never used Myoplex shakes, but when I used protien powder before I threw the mix into a blender and tossed in a few bananas (and/or strawberries, mangos, pineapples, etc.) to give it a thick body and some extra flavor.

Use bananas as a 'base' in every shake 'cuz they give it a creamy body and some sweetness, then add other fruits for flavor.

LetsRideTLR is offline Junior Member
    using milk instead of water will definately make it taste better. just dont blend too fast or youll make it into a shake that youll have to eat instead of drink. bananas do help get rid of the chalkyness.

rangerdudeleads is offline Senior Member
    hey bro use milk and buy some berries at wal mart and mix them in with it and itll tast a lot better.

TheStromba is offline Associate Member
    ^ What these guys said. Almost all protein powders tase like shit if you take them alone with water. Use fat free milk, and whatever fruit you like and you will be fine !

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    My favorites are Optimum 100% Whey, tastes like chocolate milk when mixed with skim milk, and TwinLab fuel Plex for a meal replacement. Optimum tastes better but Fuel Plex is a full MRP.

Love Optimum. 10lb bags! Definitley go with skim milk.

nymattyk is offline Member
    you think myoplex tastes like shit???? i drink the chocolate cream myoplex and i think its better than any milk shake or any other dessert. what flavor are you drinking? also the optimum nutrition vanilla ice cream flavor is pretty good

Meee is offline Junior Member

Mesotech

The Mesotech shakes come in Vanilla, Strawberry, and Chocalate.
    Mixed with just water, they are incredible...

getting better

I tried adding a banana to the strawberry WOW what a differenct and using milk instead of water. Thanks all for the insight.

tyler D is offline Banned
    NITRO TECH SHAKES ROCK HARD $$$ BUT GOOD

Mr.T is offline New Member
    the BEST way to drink a shake is mix vanilia or strawberry flavor with orange juice. Totally knocks out all the bad tastes. give it a try!!!

Methuselah is offline Member
    Optimium Nutrition and Nitro-Tech taste good. You ahve to pay extra for the taste I guess. I think the person how invented the taste for diet softdrinks works for EAS; all of their products have that after taste.

steel10 is offline Junior Member
    I am a big fan of Myoplex and Lean Body shakes. In my opinions, the best shake ever is the Myoplex Mint Choc. Chip, which only comes in the Chocolate Lovers Variety Pack.

The best two protein powders out there in my opinion are Cyto Pro Chocalte and, although this is a bit different than a normal protein powder, Choc. Muscle Milk. It is so fuckin good with milk-- sweet taste and thick consistency.

devilscabanaboy19 is offline Associate Member
    dude try the tropical flavors of myoplex. THey come in orange, pina colada, banana cream, and peaches and cream. They all taste great.

Originally posted by devilscabanaboy19
    dude try the tropical flavors of myoplex. THey come in orange, pina colada, banana cream, and peaches and cream. They all taste great.
    Agreed-- However, I can only drink them in the summer. For some reason, when its cold, I basically drink all choc. and sometimes vanillia-- in the summer, tropical flavors and strawberry. But, no doubt, the tropical flavors are damn good.

eagle66 is offline Junior Member
    just throw in some nestle chocolate milk powder or chocolate syrup and always use milk unless you are on a strict diet

JP1570 is offline Senior Member
    No one here drinks MUscle Milk????????? That's the best tasting shake I've ever had.

Weapon X is offline New Member
    The best way to make a shake in my opinion is to get unflavored powder and combine milk, ice, protein and put vanilla extract and cinn. and/or nutmeg in there.... tastes great..... another great way to get the protein is to get regular oatmeal and put a scoop of choc. flavored powder in there, add milk and nuke it.... great for breakfast

fender69 is offline New Member
    I think some peanut better always makes the shake taste a lot better no mateer what flavor

bigwillster is offline Associate Member
    Myoplex is my fav. I'm having a vanilla one as wee speak.

Originally posted by JP1570
    No one here drinks MUscle Milk????????? That's the best tasting shake I've ever had.
    Thats what I said in my first post on this subject-- Muscle Milk is some good shit! I usually have a scoop of that and then throw in a scoop of regular choc. whey along with it (with either Choc. or Root Beer Muscle Milk), but can't see myself having 2 full scoops of Muscle Milk too often. I know the fat in it is easily burned-- but 18 grams of that fat at a time still seems like a lot (especially since I consume fats in my other meals too)... But anyway, Muscle Milk is fuckin awesome and I have never heard anybody say that they didn't love it after trying it.

THE DON is offline Associate Member
    i prefer PROLAB WHEY (choc) flavour easY 2 mix and taste great,

bizznach is offline Associate Member
    chocolate soy milk and a banana for me. i use soy milk cuz im lactos intolorant.

Shrad6 is offline Junior Member

Protien Shakes !

The best shake i ever had is Myoplex MASS vanilla, it taste so good with fat free skim milk i want to drink it like 20 times a day. But pretty expensive, but the best.

Second best is Osmo recreation vanilla o bean very good, this is the one i use when im not trying to get mass. Good one for trying to stay lean.

Just my opinions

Deadend is offline Associate Member
    Take some vanilla flavored protein powder and mix it with milk, butter buds, and cinnamon (sp)... Tastes just like a cinnamon roll..mmmmmmm good

Thanks all

Thanks for all the info. Bump to the top anymore recipes?

metz

alevok Guest
    add cinnamon, it will change the best to lot better

bigboyfromamass is offline New Member
    If you can afford it go with optimum nutritions pro complex it also takes care of your vitamin needs, I get it in chocalate and mix it with water and think it is good, you can get by 1.5 scoops that is all your body needs, most protein shakes are intantized so you should not need a blender unless you are adding stuff just get some shakers and shake like hell.....I am lucky enuogh to have a nutrition store nearby that is rum by a guy who studied lots in biochemistry and knows his stuff....stay away from muscletech they are a hype company, there protein shake taste good but mostly they are just hype as you can tell by their ridiculous ads...pm me if you have any questions...good luck

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    IronTek's Vanilla Cake with water is seriously awesome. I bought it and the guy at the store said, "no one buys that shit". well i said "well, now someone is buying this shit". tried it, and now I have my new favorite flavor, and yes I've used Isopure, which is also excellent, and muscle milk with one extra scoop of any protein powder is simply devine. However, throw a 12 oz eye of round on my plate with some broc and im as happy as can be.

Ozzy is offline Senior Member
    Has anyone tried juiced protein by bodyonics ? It mixes excellent and tastes great even in water. A little on the pricey side, $40 for a 2lb jug. I think I'm gonna go back to Pro Complex, 4.4lb jug $40.

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    screw bodyonics (pinnacle). That stuff claims to inhibit myostatin production...whatever. (Flex Wheeler is said to have a myostatin defect in his body, which makes him gain muscle very easily. Myostatin is I believe a hormone that basically tells your body "Alright, that's enough growing, you ain't getting any bigger".) This Juiced Protein claims to turn off that hormone so you will just blow up into Ernie Taylor (their spokesman). It probably tastes awesome, and if all you are going for is taste, by all means...hit it up. But there are other proteins that most likely taste just as good, and just do what protein is supposed to do. Repair muscle. If you want to 'cheat', click on the Steroid Forum and go to town.

Just like there Cyclosome Rockers, Andro Poppers, and so on.

What I wanna know is, who is the idiot who comes up with these stupid @$$ names?

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    I agree with the guys that mix some berries into the shake. Fresh raspberries are the best!

JERSEY SHORE is offline Associate Member
    Ivse tried many of them and hands down the best tasting,easy drinking is designer protein

i just throw in some bananas or some berries makes the taste sooo much better and mike helps too hahaha

Thread Information