HiFi is offline Associate Member

Exclamation Supplements for beginner

I've just started working out, and I'm wondering if its good to take something like Whey protein? What would you recommend, I was thinking about Met-Rx

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Whey protein is great. Met-Rx is decent but overpriced. Do a search for protein powder in the Supplement Questions section. There are quite a few threads and polls on this topic.

Neo
    Neo is offline Senior Member
    Whey protein, creatine, L-glutamine....like EXCESS said, do a search. There is a ton of info on AR...

tt333 is offline Senior Member
    Get some creatine and protein and you will be ready to go. But like everybody else, you have to do research on it. Theres all kinds of supplements out there.

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    Dont forget Flaxseed oil!!

hehe it may be nasty, but its sooo good for you.

BiosThornton is offline Junior Member
    Hey Buddha. Whats Flaxseed oil?? What does it do for the body?

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    this is just taken off a web site so im not sure of the truth in it

Flax Oil Benefits

Heart Disease - Flax oil lowers blood pressure and triglycerides. Flax oil decreases the probability of a heart attack and stroke, because it helps keep the arteries clean and free of plaque and cholesterol.
    Cancers - Omega-3's in flax oil dissolves tumors - Dr. Johanna Budwig has documented over 1000 cases of successful cancer treatment using Flax Seed Oil along with additional nutritional support.
    Diabetes - Omega-3's in flax oil lowers the insulin requirements, close monitoring is necessary. Flax oil also aids in circulation which is an important factor for diabetes. One form of diabetes even orginates from a lack of Omega-3's and and excess of hard fats aggravated by a lack of vitamins and minerals in the diet.
    Arthritis - Omega-3's in flax oil have been found effective in the treatment and prevention of arthritis.
    Flax oil may noticeably relieve asthma within a few days of use.
    PMS - many forms of PMS are complete within one month of using flax oil, vitamin and herbs also contribute
    Allergies - Omega-3's help to decrease allergic response.
    Flax Oil also helps with the following Inflammatory tissue conditions - water retention, skin conditions, calmness under stress, visual function, adrenal function, sperm formation, MS, and more
    The Omega-3's in flax oil are recommended for everybody because these essential nutrients are commonly lacking in North American diets. It must also be noted that in order for the Omega-3's to do the work, other essential nutrients (a good multiple vitamin) must be present in the diet in adequate amounts.

http://www.totaldiscountvitamins.com...xinfoframe.htm

xzoomzx is offline Associate Member
    before you go dishing put all your money on hyped products listen.....muscletech,,metrx,and pinnacle are all very popular brands among this board........they all make some quality proucts....they also make many bulshyt supplements many of them....all of thier crap is wayyyyyyy over priced so much that i wouldunt buy half of thier shyt if i found it half pric.....good quality brands at better prices are optinum,prolab,ast, naturesbst.......eas is agood brand a lil pricey but they make soe great products ......espically weight gains .......well hope i helpd you any questions pm me.....im no exert r anything thee are my opnions and many on this board agree but some people swear by muscle tech and metrx.....well welcome i hope bodybuilding makes you happy but remember one thing all of these proteins and othersupplements are only supplements getting a great body takes sacrifice,time,great effort, adhaving a postve atttude about it and aggressive nature hep too =)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Neo
    [B]Whey protein, creatine, L-glutamine

the only way to go man

Neo
    Neo is offline Senior Member
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Little Jonah
    [B]
    Originally posted by Neo
    Whey protein, creatine, L-glutamine

the only way to go man
    Damn right, bro...

irish4life is offline Junior Member
    Listen to xzoomzx he made a great point. I useally always go with EAS myself. Even though they cost a little more i have had the best gains off there products. But like he said optinum and prolab make great produst. Prolabs Nlarge2 is an awsome wieght gainer. along with the protien, creatine, and l-glutimne i would not forget to add a good muti vitamn and if you have the money some bcaa's.

Thread Information