jemrick_45 is offline Junior Member

Creatine and Whey Protein

When i take creatine monohydrate and whey protein after a workout...should i take them at the same time? like take my serving of creatine then after that my protein? or should i space them away from eachother? thanks

sav22 is offline Associate Member
    That's what I do...I don't mix them together though. Creatine doesn't dissolve all that well so I tend to mix it with just some water and knock it back. Then I consume my protein shake over a couple of minutes. After that's all said and done....drink plenty of water. This is just how I do it so there's probably hundreds of ideas that can be given. Happy growing!

irish4life is offline Junior Member
    thats how i do it also creatine then a few minutes later protien

Neo
    Neo is offline Senior Member
    From what I've read, creatine does not work well if taken with a protein shake. Have your shake right after your workout, and then take your creatine with grape juice, kool-aid, or something along those lines a short while after. (ie after you shower or whatever) If you haven't already checked it out, try micronized creatine. It's easier on your stomach and doesn't clump up on the bottom of the glass like the regular monohydrate....

irish4life is offline Junior Member
    I have heard and read what neo just said also. so you may want to take that into consideration or do some research. I just never really cared and drank mine togther but you may get more out of them if you space them apart.

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    taking it with grape ( or any other fruit ) juice is good for two reasons. there is the oft mentioned sugar reason, ie that you need to spike your insulin to maximize uptake of the stuff. also, the solubility reason. creatine is slightly more soluble in acidic media (due to the amine functionality). hydrates are notoriously insoluble. acid chlorides are formed in the stomach (which are very soluble) and give gas cramps. the citric acid in juice converts some of the creatine monohydrate to creatine hydroxycitrate which is more soluble in the glass providing for a intermediate step in the solvation process.

you can check this out by comparing what happens when you pour creatine into cola. the creatine pulls acid out of the coke which frees up CO2. It fizzes. Of course the particles also act as nuclei for the CO2 bubbles. So for a real test, compare the result with what happens when fine sand is added to cola. notice the difference?

jemrick_45 is offline Junior Member
    I read somewhere you shouldnt take it in grape juice..but if you guys are getting results from it.........screw the magazines

Thread Information