CreMator is offline New Member

Question Creatine / Glutamine

I am currently using Glutamine (5g) first thing in the morning, post workout, just before bed.
    Creatine 5g with 35g dextrose 1/2 hour before workout.

Is it ok this way, or will it be better to take the creatine after my workout or will this interfere with the glutamine?

My only concern with my current intake is that i am consuming dextrose before my workout as well as after to restore glycogen levels.

I know that the intake of protein with glutamine is a no-no unless it is peptide bonded, but what about mixing my post workout glutamine with my dextrose, will this affect the glutamine?

How much dextrose would be enough for post workout?

Thanks!
    Last edited by CreMator; 10-22-2001 at 04:29 AM.

Big Al is offline Retired Moderator
    IMO take the creatine and Glutamine post-exercise. Mix with 75-100g of Carbs and mixture of Simple and Complex carbs.

If you weigh over 220 up the Glutamine to 10g, and 15g post-training.

dumbells101 is offline Senior Member
    I too take my creatine after workout. I however take my glutamine before bed to help maximize recovery.

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Here's what i do, because YES, I have read MANY reports stating cretine and glutamine fight for absorbtion. Bring your bottle of glutamine to the gym with you, and as soon as you get done with your workout, scoop 10-15G straight up into your mouth and wash it down with some water. Then drive home (apprx. 10-15 min). Thewn when you get home, most of your glutamine has been sucked up by your hungry muscles, so when you get home, scoop your 5-10g creatine with your dextrose. Then take your shower, and when you get out take your protein supplement. I do this when i use creatine, i know it soudns complicated but it's really not. It just becomes routine, plus by spreading it out, you're giving each supplement it's best shot at being absorbed.

Big Al is offline Retired Moderator
    I'd be interested to see that literature. Everything I have read so far points to creatine and glutamine being able to be absorb Simultaneously.

Good points though, alot of this is personal preference and what works for you, I personnally take carbs, Glutamine, solids and then protein in that order with time inbetween.

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    I don,t believe that glutamine and creatine fight for absorbtion and I mix the two together.

BigWill is offline Junior Member
    Originally posted by Big Al
    I'd be interested to see that literature. Everything I have read so far points to creatine and glutamine being able to be absorb Simultaneously.
    That is correct. Glut and protein will fight for absorbtion and should be taken at least 1/2hr apart.

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    BigWill not that I disbelieve you but any chance of forwarding that info or where I can find it ?

Cheers

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod

Glutimine and Creatine

I do the same as Billy. I take both together throughout the day.( 3 times) This is interesting though, I would like to see more on this subject as well.
    IC

lil' juicer is offline Junior Member
    See what i mean?

Thread Information