Gigi83 is offline Junior Member

Injection of creatine

According to you, can i inject my micronized creatine of pharmaceutical grade with water for injectables preparation into my muscle???
    I' m on low carb diet and i think that without carb with high glicemic index, the creatine don' t do his work.
    What is your opinion???

BiosThornton is offline Junior Member
    Inject Creatin??? Are you crazy??? Never heard of this...Just down it with something sweet bro.

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    Damn!!!! has that been done?

Originally posted by BiosThornton
    Inject Creatin??? Are you crazy??? Never heard of this...Just down it with something sweet bro.
    Just a little!!! However it is just a my idea and i would like to know if someone has some experience with this thing.

Neo
    Neo is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by BiosThornton
    Why the hell would you want to inject creatine? Drink it down.....I can see it now...pretty soon we're gonna get questions similar to the infamous "drinking winny" ones. "Can I drink creatine?"

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    I really wouldnt inject it. unfortunately, creatine monohydrate is granular (even micronized. micronized is just really small) and would hurt like a bitch. It might also be more likely to cause damage. Of course I am basing this on a disease called trychonosis (sp?). A nemotode colonizes your body and forms little calcifications in teh muscle, which hurt like hell.

Of course then there is the solubility thing. As you might have noticed creatine monohydrate is not very soluble in aqueous media (most hydrates arent all that soluble). When you eat it, however, it is converted to the acid chloride in the stomach which is very soluble (this is why many pharmaceuticals have the terms HCl or HBr in the active ingrediant name) and can be absorbed. Direct Injecting bypasses this.

In short, if you inject it, It might make more sense to try to get a water solublized version. Or maybe free form, of course it is an irritant.

testprop is offline Associate Member
    there actually was injectable creatine on the market some time ago, can't remember the name tho

Thank you bros, now i have more light idea.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    I thought I'd heard it all.

demetri is offline Member

Re: Injection of creatine

Originally posted by Gigi83
    I' m on low carb diet and i think that without carb with high glicemic index, the creatine don' t do his work.
    What is your opinion???
    I wouldn't say that it doesn't work. I remember back in the old Colgan report on creatine that they did the study primarily on athletes who took their creatine with Water. They did find that the results were better with juice ... though I can't remember how much better.

Creatine is transported to the muscles via insulin so you may find that simply adding some alpha lipoic acid may help ... or some chromium.

I'm on a Keto diet right now and I had avoided creatine because for some reason I had forgotten that it works in water too. I just started this week and I dissolve mine in diet soda. It may work better in whey protein (I don't take those when I'm cutting out carbs because they all contain carbs) as whey protein will increase blood sugar levels.

I also wonder if it would be just as effective for us as we will have a low blood sugar but a totally different blood chemistry. What I really want to say that taking it with water is better than not taking it at all.

Thread Information