tryingtogain is offline Member

prohormones, legal? do they work well?

prohormones, legal? do they work well?

................NO................

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    creatine/protein/glutamine bro

demetri is offline Member
    They work and they're legal in some contries. If they're aren't sold on the shelf then they are not legal. Most stores in Canada will have them "under" the counter but will only sell them to you if they know you.

I think you'll get more side effects with the Pro-Hormones than with AS. pro-hormones try to mimic the effect of AS by being similarly structured (chemically that is) and they do a pretty good job of it but they are not all equal.

Androstendione (forgive the spelling) is crap. Converts to test to easily and will most likely give you gyno. NorAndro and NorDiol are awsome. I did a cycle of DecaForce (contains NorAndro, NorDiol, and AndroDial) and my bench went up 50 pounds in a month. I also gained 15 pounds.

Don't kid yourself though, with pro-hormones you're not doing something that gives steroid like results, you're doing steroids .

tryingtogain is offline Member
    thanks for the usefull advise bro

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Speaking from experience (regretfully) I can honestly say that prohormones are useless. They lure in people by advertising that they contain precursors or they're "one ingredient away" from being an illegal steroid .

Would you buy something that is one wiener away from being a hotdog?

badbart is offline New Member
    Some Prohormones work. I’ve used 1-AD, Nor-Doil and 4-AD and they worked very well. You have to buy them from a good company and take the right doses at the right times and they WORK! Most people don’t take high enough doses spread out evenly over the day to keep the Prohormones in their body. If you do it right it’s expensive but well worth it.

A lot of the companies that make prohormones make a terrible product. Some good companies are Avant labs, Ergophram and Molecular Nutrition.

tt333 is offline Senior Member
    I wouldnt waste my money on that junk. Stick to creatine and protein.

But the time you buy supplements it would almost be cheaper to get on AS.

bizznach is offline Associate Member
    i used one my lifts went up some and i got a lil agresive,but i dont think they are worth it.

badbart is offline New Member
    I hate to argue but prohormones work very well. Gear is a lot cheaper and works a hell of a lot better, but if you want something legal prohormones work great. 1-Test is a legal steroid and works almost as well as fina and anyone who uses 1-Test will make gains. I’ve used them with great success and will keep using them as long as I get them. It’s a good legal way to make quick gains. I think people who have used them and not gotten any results have used a bad product. When you look at prohormone products 80% are garbage. They either have poor quality, don’t have enough prohormones to work or have inferior prohormones and are filled with a lot of other junk.

Like I said 1-AD, 4-AD and 1-Test WORK!

Commander_Bash is offline Junior Member
    Prohormones are side effects in a bottle.......
    You might as well take steroids ....at least you get good gains along with the side effects ( if you get any side effects)
    and if you dont want to take steroids because there illegal well then..dont take them
    i wouldn't waste a cent on prohormones

SUPERDAVE is offline Banned
    "GET STEROID -LIKE EFFECTS"

BULLSHIT... If you want steroid like side effects take prohormones
    If you want steroid like effects, ......take steroids

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by Commander_Bash
    Prohormones are side effects in a bottle.......
    Exactly.

weightsbeforedates is offline Junior Member
    Originally posted by badbart
    I hate to argue but prohormones work very well. Gear is a lot cheaper and works a hell of a lot better, but if you want something legal prohormones work great. 1-Test is a legal steroid and works almost as well as fina and anyone who uses 1-Test will make gains. I’ve used them with great success and will keep using them as long as I get them. It’s a good legal way to make quick gains. I think people who have used them and not gotten any results have used a bad product. When you look at prohormone products 80% are garbage. They either have poor quality, don’t have enough prohormones to work or have inferior prohormones and are filled with a lot of other junk.

Like I said 1-AD, 4-AD and 1-Test WORK!
    I got to agree with ya bro, many people are led to believe that ph's are a marketing scam, but when a quality product is used and used in sufficient doses then gains can be seen. Personally love 1-ad, went though two seperate cycles and have gained each time. Quality ph's are the way to go if you want to stay legal due to testing etc. My last cycle was 1-ad @ 900mg/daily and 3-alpha @ 450mg/daily, noticed I was leaner and harder, not to forget I gained 12 lbs. Take care everyone

this is a very heplful post for beginners thinking about pro hormones thanks to all that posted!

Tank21 is offline Associate Member
    I think prohormones have a place and are not total bullshit. However, there are many things that you have to consider in order for them to work. In my expereince, the dosage eventually needed and quality of the products lead to some staggering prices. Do they work? I have had some success. Was it worth it . No. The amount of money that i spend got me no further than if i worked out a little harder and increased the strictness of my diet. But then again, that is just my experience.

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    I didn't gain any weight but I did grow 1/4 of an inch in my bi's and felt a steroid like focus. I tried another brand and nothing....
    It cost about $220 for 6 weeks.
    Overall I don't think they are worth it. Had some funny side effects.
    good luck

I dont like prohormones, I think there a waste of money. But ive heard a couple guys at the gym saying they work and heard of a few people on this board saying they work so I might have to give them a try on a off cycle.

ValeTudo is offline New Member
    From personal expierience I had decent results with 1-AD from ergopharm. Gained a little wieght in a six week program totaling 6lbs in quality muscle and my weight in lifts went up average of 10-15lbs. Animal Stack did nothing but give me back acne (yuck) and I'm trying Test250 (1-test) so we'll see. The best results i had w/ least amount of "side effects" was AAS.

DevilDog is offline Associate Member
    I tried both 1-ad and mag-10. I'm not sure if it was a placebo effect but I did notice my strength increased slightly ie. bench went from 330 to 345 when taking them. I felt more focused and didnt have any side effect with either other than heart burn with the 1-ad.3

Right now I'm on week 4 of my first cycle taking testoviron (test E) at 500mg per week; frontloaded first week. Ive gained 10 pounds and have increased my bench to 355. I feel like a fucking machine right now. The feeling is nothing compared to PH. I donated a very modest amount for my cycle which included nolva, clomid, and shipping all equal to about 3 bottles of mag-10,

The difference for me is like black and white. I personally wont spend the money on PH's again. Save your money for your next cycle.

Matt29 is offline New Member
    I took androstenedione and WHEW! I wont be doing that again. I was really hot all the time. Some acne, oily skin, bloated mids a little. Bad attitude, couldnt sleep if i took it after 6pm. As for the nor andros, yes, they've helped me earlier. I havent messed with the 1-ad or 1-test, maybe now I will. First I have to finish what I started, LOL.

bigtam is offline New Member
    prohormones suck

RYK
    RYK is offline New Member
    Originally posted by MR PHATT ASS
    ................NO................
    Is "NO" your answer to the first question, the second question, or both?

Originally posted by SUPERDAVE
    "GET STEROID -LIKE EFFECTS"

BULLSHIT... If you want steroid like side effects take prohormones
    If you want steroid like effects, ......take steroids

exactly.....well said superdave

BELLICOSE is offline Banned
    actually, ive been researching on bodybuilding.com and the new generation of prohormones seem to work quite well.
    The combination of one+ and boldione seems to give the same gains as a mild cycle. The price is quite high but many say it is worth it.

Spirit is offline Female Member
    I took 19 Noradrostenedione and 19 Norandrostenediol-3 and it made me feel very ill after the first week. I kept taking it thinking the sides would wear off in time, but they got worse! Nauseated all the time and it felt my esophegus was closing. I also had a gnawing feeling in my stomach.
    "The gym is already closing?! Awe, man! I've only been here for 5 hours! Damn!"

Just stick with creatine, protein and L-glut if your not going to do AS.

Thread Information