Ozzy is offline Senior Member

Chondroitin & Glucosomine ?

My joints are killing me and I was wondering if chondroitin & glucosomine really work, or if there is something better ??? Thanks , Sick1

Big Al is offline Retired Moderator
    It works, I take 2g Glucosamine sulphate each day.

Thanks Big Al, I'll go pick some up today !! Should I get straight glucosomine, or should I get the glucosomine combined with chondroitin ?

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    I would advise the combination, and don't get burnt out if it doesn't start working right away. Usually takes a couple of weeks to kick in. At least it did for me

Big Al is offline Retired Moderator
    The combo is good, but make sure the dosages of each are high enough

Firmbottoms is offline Junior Member
    use the combo and throw some MSM in as well......it will take three months to start to work ....it takes time to get into your system...make sure you buy quality as there is alot of shit out there...marine is best

Originally posted by Firmbottoms
    use the combo and throw some MSM in as well......it will take three months to start to work ....it takes time to get into your system...make sure you buy quality as there is alot of shit out there...marine is best
    Ok, what is MSM ? I've been taking staight glucosamine by optimum nutrition ever since I posted this and my joints are still killing me. I'm taking 2250 mg./ed , I'm not going to give up yet though.

Firmbottoms is offline Junior Member
    Methyl Sulphonyl Methane (MSM)

Where does it come from?
    It originates in the ocean where microscopic plants called plankton release sulphur compounds and then in turn these compounds enter the food chain. It is one of the least toxic substances in biology, similar in toxicity to water. Our bodies utilise organic sulphur every day. And as such it needs to be replaced daily.

Benefits
    MSM is one of the major building blocks of glycosaminoglycans, which are key structural components in cartilage and play an important part in the maintenance of joint cartilage.

Research suggests that there may be a synergistic effect between Glucosamine Sulphate (another sulphur compound) and MSM.

Most people who use Glucosamine at the rate of 1500 mg per day experience benefits after about three of four weeks. In most cases the benefits of MSM are felt within two to three weeks.

Sulphur also has more general benefits it is needed for the manufacture of many proteins, including hair, muscles and skin. It contributes to fat digestion and absorption because it is needed to make bile acid. It is also a constituent of bones, teeth and collagen, the protein in connective tissue.

Active ingredients
    Typical values per tablet:
    • Methyl Sulphonyl Methane (MSM) – 800 mg (MSM has no set EC RDA)

Ingredients
    • Methyl Sulphonyl Methane (MSM)
    • Rice starch
    • Shellac
    • Microcrystalline Cellulose
    • Glycerides
    • Talc

Recommended daily intake
    • One tablet twice a day with meals for the first two weeks. Thereafter, maintain a dosage of one tablet three times a day with meals. Up to six tablets a day may be taken safely

Thanks Firmbottoms !!! Thats alot of info, thanks for taking the time to pass that on .

Thread Information