speedsta is offline Junior Member

is Grapejuice a substitue for Dextrose?

Just wondering if I take creatine with grapefruit juice, do i still need to take dextrose?
    and how much creatine is the best to take? before and after workouts, and in morning or watever..

thanks

Shud is offline Associate Member
    you mean grapefruit juice.......

fLgAtOr is offline Anabolic Member
    Creatine is usually best taken with dextrose rather than a friut juice. I can't remember why exactly though (maybe because MuscleTech tells me so). I have had excellent results with about 75-80 grams of carbs (from Dextrose) and anywhere from 5-10 grams of creatine. The jury is out on this one though. Personally, I think 5 grams is enough. This should come immediately after your workout in addition to a protein supplement. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the optimal ratio is 3:1, carbs to protein. On non-training days, try taking the creatine when you get up in the morning before breakfast. Hope this helps...

Im still pretty unsure on how to load.

so 5g's before workout (how long before) and 5g immediatly after workout.
    Also mixed with grapefruit huice (how much juice), and on days off just load once before breakfast?
    is that right?

Creatine loading is a different story. When starting your creatine supplementation, most individuals like to saturate their muscles (and creatine stores) with creatine for the first five days. From my experience, most take 5 grams, four times per day (evenly spaced out) for five days. Thats usually what is reffered to as "loading." After those five days, maintain that with 5 grams per day. Your window of oppurnunity, so to speak, is immediatly after your workout. Think of your body as a Hoover Vac post workout. This is the best time to replace glycogen stores, protein, creatine, etc., etc. I personally wouldn't bother with taking creatine before a workout, although some do. Once again, dextrose is best, but if you are stuck on grape juice, fine. How much? Well, if you are going to have a protein shake with 20-30 grams of protein, then shoot for 60-90 grams of high-glycemic carbs (the sugary crap). I'm not saying that should be all grape juice, either.
    Did this clear anything up or just confuse you more?

Peace

I guess my next question would be:

How's your diet, becuase you won't get much from creatine if you aren't eating correctly (or any supplement for that matter).

Yeh my diet is pretty clean.

So Do u think i should load creatine or saturate my body with creatine for first 5 days?

And so I should be taking 5g's before training (I want to), but how long before training?
    And then 5gs after training with around a glass of grapefruit juice?
    Hence just 2ce a day?

Wat about on days off? Just once with breakfast?

Shud is offline Associate Member
    loading is saturating your body.......
    loading is for five days at say 20g a day then maintaining for about a month at 5 g a day after you train....about two weeks off then load again for 5 days etc........
    alternativley you can take 10 g a day every day...... one in the morn and one after you train........

Is Saturating your body with creatine a good idea?

And what is the best amount of creatine to take on training days and best amount on non training days?

Also how long before a workout do I take the creatine?

and is a cup of grapefruit juice enough?

1.) There is nothing worng with loading. Just make sure you drink lots of water thoughout the day. You should have clear piss...

2.) 5 grams is plenty each day to maintain with on training days and non-training days.

3.) Why do you want to take it before your workout?

4.) How would I know if a cup of grapefruit juice is enough? Why don't you read the Nutition Label on the damn bottle and tell me? Look at the serving size and then see how much you're drinking.

5.) Well, if you are going to have a protein shake with 20-30 grams of protein, then shoot for 60-90 grams of high-glycemic carbs (the sugary crap).

Dont I need to take creatine before workouts to gimme more energy?
    or is that just the serum?

And so I only need to take it on training days.? So around 4-5 times a week.

And what should I look at on the Grapefruit Juice Bootle too see if a glass is enough?

Thanks

Ok, here goes...again...

1.) Creatine does not give you energy (not in the way that you are thinking about). In a nutshell, it makes your muscle cells bigger by storing water in them. This helps with recovery, better workouts, etc.

2.) The best time to get creatine absorbed is AFTER YOUR WORKOUT!!!

3.) Take 5 grams per day.

4.) On non-training days, take 5 grams first-thing in the morning.

5.) On training days, take 5 grams imediatly after your workout.

6.) Creatine Serum is a SCAM. Do not buy it. I know, I used to sell it at GNC. Most of the time it is not even creatine.

7.) What brand of creatine are you using?

8.) Fuck it... Just mix it into a big glass of grapefriut juice and hope for the best...

9.) How old are you?

Jimmy_Bravo is offline Associate Member
    Okay, you're not actually supposed to mix Creatine with Grapefruit juice. The acid in the Grapefruit takes away from the Creatine's potency. I think this is how it works. The Acid from the Grapefruit juice, and the Creatine, both compete for the same receptor sites in your body. There are only so many receptor sites, so some Creatine gets in, and some Grapefruit acid gets in. This is wasting alot of your Creatine. You only want your Creatine hitting all the receptor sites. If you want to mix Creatine with juice, you should use Grape juice, because of it's high Dextrose content. However, IMO It's better to mix in 2 heaping teaspoons of dextrose with one of creatine in water. This way I believe works better, and it's much cheaper! A 2kg bag of Dextrose costs a couple bucks, and will last a long time!

Thank you Jimmy... I always have taken it with dextrose, but he insisted........

Its only because Its difficult to find Dextrose here in Aus.

So its not Grapefruit Juice its Grape Juice, is that correct?

Ive been told from one person take 15g a day, most people say 10g a day (5 before and 5 after workout) and now im hearing 5g only.

lol, also Should I take the creatine now, or once im on my cycle (Winny only cycle).?

Thanks.

Jimmy_Bravo is offline Associate Member
    Yes, it is Grape juice, not Grapefruit juice. Personally I take 5 gs before workout, 5 gs during, and 5gs after. 5 gs before, and 5gs after would also be fine though. So do whichever you feel like. As for the cycle question, I have never done a cycle, but have researched the topic quite abit. My understanding is that you want to go off of creatine when on a cycle, then start it agian right after. The reason for this, is that your body is going to need some kind of extra boost when you come off the juice. So, save your Creatine for after your cycle.

So ill save it for after cycle than and not before (only got 1 container cant afford another yet).??

Thread Information