adamar71 is offline New Member

Question Should I change protein powders? will be going from 18g/scoop to 52g/scoop.

hey bros,
    may sound like a redundant question, but... i am thinking about changing protein powders. the one i am using now is giving me 18g/scoop and i am thinking about ordering a 10 lb. bucket of prolab's N - large 2. have looked up info on different sites, but my question is, will it be too much protein? i am on a high protein, low carb diet and have been eating 5 times a day. the only thing i will have to get is a multivitamin. my other protein shake gave me all of my vitamins and minerals. thanks for any help.

Jimmy_Bravo is offline Associate Member
    If you want to stay on a high protien low carb diet, then don't get the N-Large. This stuff is a weight gainer, and loaded with carbs, and calories. I'de stick with the Prolab whey. Also, I've heard somewhere that most people can only actually use about 20-30 grams of protien at a time. The rest is wasted. So once you mix your 18 grams with some milk, you'll have about 25 grams anyway. Throw an egg in too if you want.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Your body will adjust to higher consumption of protein. I take 50g a spot.
    1.5-2g per Lb of body weight is what I go by, some do 1g per Lb.
    If I were you, I would switch to a blended protein with 50g a serving for any other time than post workout. Post workout, get some straight Whey.

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    Try Pro-Complex, it has a poop load of BCAA's and 50 grams of Pro with only 3 grams of carbs per 2 scoops. I bought some other stuff and granted it's 6lbs but it tastes like crap-ola! I thought Pro-complex tasted good and was loaded with vit's and glutamine, bcaa's, d-bol, test cyp...oh wait...no it doesn't have d-bol or test of course, but check it out I liked it.

adamar71 is offline New Member
    thanks for the info bros. a good friend told me i should shoot for about 1g of protein/lb of body weight. was kinda wondering if i should do the n-large, i read it was a mass gainer and right now i am trimming and cutting. guess i will look into whey protein.

durbin22 is offline Member
    Nlarge2 is for gaining weight. One serving has 86 grams of carbs which would not be good for you if your on a low carb diet.

Thread Information