Endurance is offline Associate Member

Tobacco use with athletes

I am a long distance runner of cross country. Somewhere in May I picked up the habit of dipping skoal. Could somebody please tell me the effects in my specific sport of my new habit. Thanks.

Bump

I chew buddy hasnt effected me yet

Aragorn is offline Senior Member
    You probably won't have a problem with it unless of course your jaw falls off

Before I joined I remember reading a post on this and I'm sure you'll be happy to know that dip goes quite nicely while reading new posts.

Aragorn

It won't HELP you, let me put it that way. No drug can help you any sport, except for steriods .

Curler bro, I don't think he meant it as an enhancement for his sport...just as recreation to use. I'm sure endurance knows that he can get CANCER by using it, but he needs to put in his years before that becomes a worry but there are the little nuisances that occur by using it every now and then.

If I'm wrong bro then my bad and of course we all have our own opinions which is a good thing to have.

Aragorn

thejoe_l is offline New Member
    Ya, no problem. Who cares about gum cancer, toung cancer,throat cancer and shit breath..ya, dont worry about a thing!

tt333 is offline Senior Member
    Theres nothing wrong with that, unless you swallow the juice!! Once, I was chewing and had two red plastic cups and one was spit and the other was a beer, I went to get a drink and drank the the fucking juice. I have a feeling im not the only who has done this.

Originally posted by titanstigers333
    Theres nothing wrong with that, unless you swallow the juice!! Once, I was chewing and had two red plastic cups and one was spit and the other was a beer, I went to get a drink and drank the the fucking juice. I have a feeling im not the only who has done this.
    Just thinking of that has me cringing...I've been close to that but I've always caught my mistake thankfully.

Aragorn

jammergsxr is offline Member
    Heres one,A buddy and I was playing a video game and we had just finished eating some fast food ,well he was spitting in his cup and putting the lid and straw back on it so it wouldnt spill out if tipped over,make a long story short I grabbed his cup by mistake and took a big ole slurp.then kicked his ass.

moral,Quit fucking chewing its disgusting

I enjoy ya'lls stories but I know that it will not help me. I'm more concerned with its effects on me. As far as all the opinions about cancer and bad breath that problems Ill deal with on my own. I'm just wondering about the ENDURANCE athletic effects. Thanks guys

None

(btw French Curler, you were on the right track and I was off...sorry bro)

Aragon

KeyMastur is offline VET
    There aren't any endurance effects - it will not help you run better. You'll begin to fiend it soon enough. You'll want a dip after every meal to help satisfy your hunger. It will not hurt you either. Does nothing to your lungs like smoking does.

skiboy is offline Associate Member
    man i run and chew on the bus ride home, it speeds up metabolizm, dehydrates ya, and calms yeah down, i take lost of supplements to get jacked before CC or track, yeah it didn't hurt me i made it to state so chewing does nothing to hurt your performance
    peace dude

Stormrider is offline Junior Member
    Chewing has no positive benifts for you. Just a rotten jaw and the possibility of cancer. Quit ASAP.

JP1
    JP1 is offline Junior Member
    I have been chewing for over 15 years and all I can say is......hhhhmmm good I love Copenhagen.......it has no adverse affect as far as wheight lifting goes but just don't try to show off those pearly whites..

Thread Information