Thread: Creatine HELP

DDP
    DDP is offline Junior Member

Creatine HELP

I just ordered and received 2500 gms. of pur creatine from All Sports Nutrition. Incredible prices from these guys. I have a few questions. 1. What's best to mix this with. 2. I've heard that you no longer need load for one week( to take 20 to 25 grams during the first week). Is this true? What's the proper doseage a day. When should this first be taken.

DDP

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    mix w/ water thats you need
    no you dont need to load 10g a day is plenty
    you can take it when every you want
    i like 5g in the morning and 5g after a work out
    but thats up to you

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Add it to water,don't bother loading and I only use 5g a day but 10g is OK

Neo
    Neo is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by DevilsDeity
    mix w/ water thats you need
    no you dont need to load 10g a day is plenty
    you can take it when every you want
    i like 5g in the morning and 5g after a work out
    but thats up to you

Billy and Devil are complete right on this one. I usually just mix creatine with water and rifle it down. Take 5 grams in the morning and 5 post workout. Best of luck! Keep lifting hard!!!

DDP
    DDP is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the advice but don't you have to mix pure creatine with a sugar like gaorade or grape juice to get the insulin spike.

ironmike7000 is offline Associate Member
    I get just as good of results from mixing my creatine with water as I do with juice. With juice I felt more bloated with water I don't. Plus water is free.

BigBad is offline Banned
    You'd be crazy to take it w/water instead of grape/apple juice! If you took it with water instead of juice, your body would only absorb about 1/2 of your dosage! Dude, it's up to you (and I know everyone body reacts differently) but, there have been conclusive studies that say taking creatine w/something high in dextrose drives more creatine into your muscles.

It all depends on how much you weigh but, most people can't absorb more than 7 grams of creatine/day (unless you weigh over 260). Also, it DOES matter when you take creatine. When taken orally, creatine increases your body's natural energy source (ATP); this occurs about 20 min. after orally taking it. Creatine is also excellent for muscle recovery. Hence, it would be IDEAL for you to take 3-4 grams 20-30 min. before your workout, and another 3-4 grams immediately after your workout. Anything more and you'd be pissing away creatine and $$$.

Also, as everyone else has stated, loading is a crock of s**t. What it does is saturate your muscles so much w/creatine that after the 1-2 wk. loading period your muscles can hardly absorb much more. Good luck bro.
    -BigBad

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    I don't know if water or juice is better but I tend to just thow it in 6oz of Apple Juice so it tastes better going down. I also throw my Glutamine in with it. 6oz isn't too much sugar, but if your trying to reduce the body fat than I would guess water is always better.

I am sure there has to be some more threads already out there on this debate.

reli is offline Junior Member
    you take creatine preferably with grape juice or some kind of sugars
    if you are cutting then u dont need creatine all together since creatine bloats you and thats a proven fact

Rdstrcklnd is offline New Member
    I like the efferecent creatine (twinlab fizz fuel), it doesn't upset my stomach and it seems to work much better than just powder and water. You can get it cheap on Ebay too, I got a case (6 20 pack boxes) for $30.

kreper69 is offline Associate Member
    I mix mine with water i take 5grams pre, and post workout.

Thread Information