Thread: Mixing Creatine

Compaq is offline Junior Member

Mixing Creatine

I mix my creatine with citric punch, i know your not really suppose to mix anything with citric but is it still okay? the reason i do it is cause it taste much better.

hellapimpin is offline Anabolic Member
    actually i heard that creatine is good to mix with fruity type of drinks..but i hear alot of shit..so i dunno

Vegas Kid is offline Senior Member
    I'd stick with non acid juices. Try grape or berry, hell, even Crystal light or Kool Aid.

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    I have no idea why to not mix creatine with non acid juices. The stomach is a much higher pH of HCl so it will hit acid anyway. Citric acid are probaly not that bad. A major downfall of creatine monohydrate is the solubility. forming the acid citrate will help this and since stomach acid has a much lower pKa than citric acid, The stuff will convert to the acid chloride anyway. The only caveat is if the creatine needs to bypass the stomach to be absorbed (say the intestine) of course then you run into solubility problems anyway cause the hydrate isnt.

i would stick to grape juice

Traps1125 is offline Banned
    the best way to maximize creatine intake is to mix it with a high GI drink such as a sports drink...all the ads you see for Cell-tech and those other creatines are basically creatine and dextrose-pure sugar....dextrose and 5g creatine and a kool aid flavor is the ultimate drink to give you that poste workout out insulin spike..you can pick up a bag of dextrose at any brewery since its one of the main ingredients in alcoholic beverages....aim for about 35g of dextrose and you'll ensure that if you mix your protein with the creatine in one drink, over 90% of the protein will be channeled directly to your muscles and not to carbs to replace lost glycogen and nutrients

babi is offline Associate Member
    yeah i agree with traps 100% on this

Thread Information