m2k2 is offline New Member

How much protein can be absorbed at one time?

I am unsure about the maxium amout of protein the body can digest and use in one sitting(namely whey protein drinks) I have heard 50 grams per hour is the Max but have seen no corraborating data on the net or anywhere else for that matter. I don't want to use more than my body will process of course-stuff ain't cheap. I am currently taking 600mg of Deca and not sure if this will increase what my body can handle without pissing it out(I know it will increase synthesis) or if it is just a fixed rate. Any help of course is appreciated in advance.

Darkknight442 is offline Associate Member
    Hey man, I have heard alot o stuff ont his subject... SOme say it will only digest whatit needs at that time.... SOme say 35 , some say 50... I beilve it will only digest what it needs at that time... i mean absorb...

Thats a good question though, iam sure it differs form body and deit and everything

Thanks for the reply-about what I was thinking. Kinda makes it hard to get the 300gm per day I need though with the kind of accuracy that would promote the most good.

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    all the trainers at my gym talk about only 30g at a time.

I dont have any case studies on this but every huge BB'er on the planet intakes huge amounts of protien. that is enough proof for me. hehe

true dat bhudda

just tlaked to my friend.... who knows a trainer that told him def... 40 grams.... per sitting... But i still think it depends on the person.. if liting etc etc... like everything else it depends in the circumstances

Thanks guys-and Buddha,it's removed-thanks for the heads-up. So 30 grams every 2 hours for the protein?

skiboy is offline Associate Member
    those protein shakes w/ 50 grams per serving are a waste, you can only take in 17-21 grams of liquid protein in one setting
    peace dude

Thanks Skiboy

iluvthtbbypht is offline New Member
    my brothers a personal trianer and told me 40 max per sitting

Jamisun is offline Associate Member
    The body cannot use more than 80g every two hours. I have seen medical studies on that, as well as posted on several boards.

Thanks,bbypht. I guess a sitting is about 2 hours? I don't get a lot of time to chow-down so the majority of the protein I get(about 70%) is from Optimum Whey Protein drink. I was downing 200 gms at a time but since I started this post and got some feedback I do about 40gms every 2 hours. Makes it much tougher. Any Ideas besides except find more time to eat? This is one area I thought I had covered pretty good.Thanks

Jamisun-80? Wow confused now. 80 is definitely better than 40. I've done some searches and there is a wide variety of answers. Thanks Jamisun

I think it differs from person to person.... depending on factors like weight and how active you are

Yeah. From what I've been reading and some of the replies;it looks like that accounts for about a 15% diffrence in people.

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

just a little side note

also just a little fact to throw out; for ever 100 grams of protein you take it it takes your body 25 grams to synthesize it for proper utilization.

Vegas Kid is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by m2k2
    Thanks for the reply-about what I was thinking. Kinda makes it hard to get the 300gm per day I need though with the kind of accuracy that would promote the most good.
    300gms? That's a lot. How much do you weigh? If your using the formula 1.5g *body lb, that's for lean body mass, not overall weight.

Also make sure you're getting protein from foods not just shakes.

I weigh 175lbs with 6% bodyfat. Yes I'm using the above 1.5g formula. I eat when I can but when I can't the drinks are much better than nothing.

I received this from the PROTEIN FACTORY: when one is using steroids you increase your ability to use protein.
    Assume you can now use about 60 grams of protein in a sitting. I'm gonna use this as my guide. Thanks Fellas

Thread Information