IamtheChitt is offline Associate Member

PWO Before or after cardio?

Quick question... On training days, I do 30 min. of cardio after my workout. Should I drink my pwo shake directly after my workout, or should I wait until after finishing cardio? I know I want to replenish my muscles as quickly as possible, but would I be defeating the purpose by doing cardio right after?

Thanks.

abbot138 is offline Anabolic Member
    You should be fine waiting until after the cardio for PWO. But dont go longer than 30 minutes and have your shake with you at the gym so you can down it as soon as you get done....A better option would be doing cardio in the a.m. on an empty stomach. But im not gonna start that debate again

texasmk4 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by abbot138 View Post
    You should be fine waiting until after the cardio for PWO. But dont go longer than 30 minutes and have your shake with you at the gym so you can down it as soon as you get done....A better option would be doing cardio in the a.m. on an empty stomach. But im not gonna start that debate again

right on spot

IamtheChitt is offline Associate Member
    Thanks, I agree with the cardio on an empty stomach, which i do on weekends. I just can't see myself waking up at 4:30 a.m. on a weekday to do cardio before work. Thanks for the advice. I have been waiting until after cardio and have the shake in my locker. Then I eat a real meal an hour later. I was thinking if i drink the shake before cardio, I could eat as soon as I get home.

texasmk4 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IamtheChitt View Post
    Thanks, I agree with the cardio on an empty stomach, which i do on weekends. I just can't see myself waking up at 4:30 a.m. on a weekday to do cardio before work. Thanks for the advice. I have been waiting until after cardio and have the shake in my locker. Then I eat a real meal an hour later. I was thinking if i drink the shake before cardio, I could eat as soon as I get home.

To be honest with you thats how i started at first i was like naa i don't want to wake up early when i don't have to go to work until 10am.. Then one day i woke up around 6'ish went out to do cardio for 40 minutes came back had my first meal 80g of oatmeal took a quick shower went back to my room and fell asleep, at the beginning i had problem sleeping after the cardio but then my body got used to eat now i wake up around 6 do a light jogging for 40 to 60 minutes depend on how i am feeling, comes home consume my first meal and then go back to sleep. Its not that hard you can do it the good thing about it you'll start noticing the results with in 2 weeks..

Thread Information