McFly is offline Associate Member

Micronised Creatine

Hey guys i just picked up some micronised creatine monohydrate and it does not have recomended dosage on the packet.
    1. How much should i take in the loading phase and when?
    2. How much should i take after loading phase?
    I have done a search and could find anything so help is much appreiciated!

pognog is offline Junior Member
    This is what I found on creatine loading:

Appl Physiol 1996 Jul;81(1):232-7 Related Articles, Links

Muscle creatine loading in men.

Hultman E, Soderlund K, Timmons JA, Cederblad G, Greenhaff PL.

Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, University Medical School, Queen's Medical Centre, Nottingham, United Kingdom.

The effect of dietary creatine and supplementation on skeletal muscle creatine accumulation and subsequent degradation and on urinary creatinine excretion was investigated in 31 male subjects who ingested creatine in different quantities over varying time periods. Muscle total creatine concentration increased by approximately 20% after 6 days of creatine supplementation at a rate of 20 g/day. This elevated concentration was maintained when supplementation was continued at a rate of 2 g/day for a further 30 days. In the absence of 2 g/day supplementation, total creatine concentration gradually declined, such that 30 days after the cessation of supplementation the concentration was no different from the presupplementation value. During this period, urinary creatinine excretion was correspondingly increased. A similar, but more gradual, 20% increase in muscle total creatine concentration was observed over a period of 28 days when supplementation was undertaken at a rate of 3 g/day. In conclusion, a rapid way to "creatine load" human skeletal muscle is to ingest 20 g of creatine for 6 days. This elevated tissue concentration can then be maintained by ingestion of 2 g/day thereafter. The ingestion of 3 g creatine/day is in the long term likely to be as effective at raising tissue levels as this higher dose.

McFly is offline Associate Member
    ok so he is saying.. 20g or creatine for the first 6 days, then 2g of creatine a day after the loading phase?

pognog is offline Junior Member
    That is correct, or 3g/day in the longterm will get you there as well, to sum things up.

Thread Information