Thread: Protein Shakes

TonyMontana is offline New Member

Protein Shakes

i dont really have time to mix my shakes up on the spot, so is it ok to mix my protein shakes at the beganning of the day and let them sit in the fridge until im ready for them? i was just curious because i tried it the other day, and i felt really sick, i wasnt sure if it was from letting it sit, or from something else.

dumbells101 is offline Senior Member
    You can do that but what you may find is that they thicken as well as settle. Most of the powders mix without a blender. Find one you like and get a shaker bottle. Put the powder in and just add water when you're ready for the shake. Works very well with the Optimum, ISS, Designer brands to name a few that I've used that way. If you're in a real hurry you may have to settle for a protein bar even, but try the shaker bottle first.

Titanium2 is offline Junior Member

Thumbs up

I wouldn't let them sit. Besides settleing out, I think the protein starts to degrade....

MAX MUSCLE.... www.maxmuscle.com make awesome ultra filtered protein powders. I do exactly what Dumbells said. I put a scoop in the shaker cup they give you. I carry that and a bottle of water where ever I am going. Then when I need it, I pour in the water, shake and voila! They are very light tasting and thin, so they are easy to down if in a hurry. They are all natural, with no fillers, gums, etc....

And the best part is they DON'T CLUMP. I hate drinking a shake with clumps... these don't clump up... water or milk...

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    I've got a funnel that seals at both ends, so I just fill it and then empty it into a bottle of water whenever I want.

dumbells101 is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by EXCESS
    I've got a funnel that seals at both ends, so I just fill it and then empty it into a bottle of water whenever I want.
    Where'd you find that?

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    DAMN IT! ANSWER THE QUESTION!!!! bwaahahahahahaha

just playin bro...for real, i was going to invent that exact thing...i gues im too late....

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    I found it at a small independant health store. My friends all want them but they don't sell them anymore. I guess you'll have to make your own.

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    you should be able to find shaker bottles at any good supplement store. the adjective "good" automatically eliminates GNC. i got a couple from the prolab website, and a couple more from the supplement store by my house

Thread Information