NSHOOTER320 is offline Junior Member

creatine and glutamine, bad together??

creatine and glutamine compete for receptors when taken at the same time. Having this in mind, what are your creatine and glutamine schedules like before and after workouts??? I was thinking i could possibly take glutamine 15-30 mins prior to working out, then taking creatine right before and taking glutamine right after working out, then taking creatine like 30 mins afterwards. do you guys think that taking it in this schedule might decrease the effects of one or the others???? some help please.
    Last edited by NSHOOTER320; 11-13-2002 at 07:22 PM.

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Are you certain they compete for receptors at the same time? While my knowledge on the specifics of human physioglogy or biochem don't extend far past what information I have acquired in terms of making informed exercise selection and diet decisions (ie, not as detailed as knowledge of specific receptors), it seems a bit contradictory to me, not to mention that I would like to think I would've heard of something like this before if it were the case. To be certain, this would not be the first time i was woefully ignorant on such an important matter (hey, that's why I hang around here), but, while I can't recall the specifics, I was really under the impression that creatine adn glutamine went through quite different metabolic pathways and did not compete at the same receptors.

That being said, i've been fond many times in the past of taking a bit of glutamine with water about 75% of the way through my workout, creatine immediately after, glutamine with the meal following the creatine intake, glutamine again before bed (with milk in the past, in the hopes it would be absorbed slightly slower than with water) and then again when waking in the early am to take a leak.

NSHOOTER320 is offline Junior Member
    Yea im pretty sure they do compete for receptors. I think it was all sports nutrition that had it on their website or another site, i can never remember these things. but yea, i read that after i took the two at the same time for my first time, i didn't get any pumps at all, it was kind of like i didn't take anything. So i do believe that they compete for receptors. anyways i thought glutamine should be taken before workouts and not during. is it still effective when taken while working out???

Thread Information