BigD is offline Associate Member

Post Creatine & Glutamine: The Muscle Pumping Stack

Creatine & Glutamine: The Muscle Pumping Stack
    Bob Myhal

For my money, Glutamine is without a doubt one of the best of the lesser known, non-hyped supplements on the market.

Glutamine is the most abundant amino acid found in muscle tissue. Studies have shown glutamine supplementation can prevent up to 70% of the muscle loss as the result of cortisol in the body (American Journal of Physiology 33:E 912-E917, 1996).

This same study found that glutamine interfered with cortisol’s effects on the glutamine synthetase enzyme. Basically this means that glutamine helped prevent overtraining and lessened the catabolic effects of cortisol.

Glutamine has also been shown to increase GH levels, enhance glycogen replenishment after training, and increase nitrogen retention—all of these positive outcomes aid in the promotion of lean muscle mass.

Personally, I get much better results with glutamine than with creatine. But I get absolutely great results by combining the two on training days for an ultimate muscle-loading stack.

Here’s the details on the glutamine/creatine stack I use on my training days:

MORNING:10 grams of glutamine (2 heaping teaspoons) dissolved in 16 oz of water. I add a bit of sodium to enhance cell uptake.

LUNCH:5 grams of creatine (1 teaspoon) with 16 oz of grape juice and a bit of sodium. NOTE: I’m actually using 1 serving of Creatine HSC (my favorite creatine supplement) with 16 oz of water—it already contains the simple carbs and sodium to promote uptake.

PRE-WORKOUT:10 grams of glutamine, 16 oz of water and sodium.

POST-WORKOUT:10 grams of glutamine in post-workout carb drink

30 MINUTES LATER:5 grams of creatine in 16 oz juice or 1 serving Creatine HSC.

BED TIME:10 grams of glutamine in 16 oz of water.

As you can tell, I like glutamine in higher than average doses for optimum results. Again, this stack is used on training days only. On non-training days, I simply get in 5-10 grams of creatine . . . either no glutamine or 2-5 grams throughout the day to aid in recovery.

In my opinion, this is the best "cell-volumizing" stack you can use. In terms of specific supplements, I like AST's Creatine HSC and GL3 Glutamine; they work extremely well together. But the stack should work with any high-quality creatine and glutamine supplements.

Give it a try for a month and you’ll see and feel your muscles grow.

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    Do you really think you need 40 grams of glutamine a day. Have you ever tried a lower dose?

NSHOOTER320 is offline Junior Member
    Will L-glutamine work instead of glutamine? what's the difference and what do you suggest will be better for lifting?

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by NSHOOTER320
    Will L-glutamine work instead of glutamine? what's the difference and what do you suggest will be better for lifting?
    Yes... that's what he meant.

FmRommel is offline Member
    How much Sodium?

Thread Information