Thread: 1-AD/Mag-10

CHSDOG55 is offline Associate Member

Exclamation 1-AD/Mag-10

I have been lifting for about 2 years but havent really got serious into actual lifting until bout 6 months ago. I took 1 cycle of 1-AD by ergopharm and was pleased. I gained 60 pounds on bench and 5 pounds of weight. And all the talk about Mag-10 came about so i decided i would get 2 bottles. I have finished my first bottle and am on my off week this week. I have kept my gains but i only gained 5 pounds on bench. I am 16 years old and i am 5'10 and weigh 180. I am currently benching 265 which i am happy but i was wondering is there anything out on the market better than Mag-10 or 1-AD. I have spent alot of money on supplements. And i am kinda getting to the point to where it doesnt seem like there worth the money. are there any safe roids to take ? Or would u just recommend stay off of roids or what. Please any help would be appreciative. thankyou. Tyler

Aragorn is offline Senior Member
    At 16 there is no safe A/S...you want to know what the best thing on market right now is................................FOOD!!!!!!

It's at your local grocery store and you probably don't even have to pay for the grocery bill you lucky SOB

All joking aside bro...you can learn a lot from this board...the do's and don'ts....everything. You are too young even to be messing around with PH's but that being said...save your money and eat some substantial food.

Check out the educational threads as well bro...and we'll help you out along the path.

Aragorn

Thanks man. Any help or advice is nice. I work out failry hard. Just not gaining any more. I take Pro-Complex which has 55 grams of protein. But i understand bout the food u are sayin. I just wont that edge ya know. I have also done Cell-tech and phosphagen-hp in the past. Im just mainly asking is there anything really in any category that would increse my strength. I dont care a whole lot about size just mainly stength. I know size comes with strength but u get the picture. Thanks. Tyler

Aragorn is offline Senior Member
    You have all the edge you need right now...your test is flowing like golden fluid(no jokes here)...hit a good routine with heavy, basic lifts and you'll be on your way.

Aragorn

Thankyou for ur help. If anyone else has anything it would very much appreciated. BTW do u consider 265 good at my size and age?

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    At 16 you need to invest your money in books and food. The basics. If you are having a hard time growing at 16 then you need to read up a lot. Lots of food, Multi Vitamin, extra Vitamin C, Whey Protein and Glutamine will do your body good.

You sound like you have an awesome build at 16 - now supplement yourself with books from great authors in fundamentals like Bompa, Poliquin, Hatfield, ... shit... even Arnold's latest BodyBuilding Encyclopedia was a good read - a good loooong read. The Ironman books are really good too... entertaining and informative.

What about technique ? Anyone have any better tech's when MAXING? I use a smith machine most of the time while working out but when i max i regular bench. I work out with 245 3X6 which doesnt make sense to me or anyone at our gym. Because my max is only 265? Does this make sense? On the smith machine at our gym u have to take 10 pounds off because of the 35 pound bar. Due to counterweights. So what i work out with would actually be 255 but the way i was told it means i am really lifting 245.

BTW - Mag-10 and 1-AD require a shit load of calories to be effective. I have had great results with 4-Diol/1-AD but at that time I also had access to a buffet! After all muslce is not made out of the oxygen you breath - it comes from protein food sources as well as those that spare protein use as a fuel, carbs and fat.

But again at 16 you need to leave this shit alone. It really makes no sense at your age to use it. This is stuff for those that are not lucky enough to have the edge you have naturally at 16 with only a few years under your belt.

Lifting 265 at 16 is very good progress. Congrats on your accomplishments so far.

Originally posted by CHSDOG55
    What about technique ? Anyone have any better tech's when MAXING? I use a smith machine most of the time while working out but when i max i regular bench. I work out with 245 3X6 which doesnt make sense to me or anyone at our gym. Because my max is only 265? Does this make sense? On the smith machine at our gym u have to take 10 pounds off because of the 35 pound bar. Due to counterweights. So what i work out with would actually be 255 but the way i was told it means i am really lifting 245.
    Smith Macines are good for one thing - melting them down and making dumbells out of them.

Naa... they have their place, like for Close-Toe Squats.

Ditch the Smith for Chest. You are not lifting 265 if you are doing it on a Smith Machine. Smith's take a lot of the load off of you - especally the negative. Smith's are for beginners to learn - time to advance brah!

No when i max i do regular bench. Just to work out i life to do the smith because i get better gains off of working out with it. And i usually do not have a spot while i work out. The only time i use the smith for bench is doing sets. I always max on regular bench. I really would like to get 300 before i am a senior. I have bout 1 semester and a summer left until then. Which is approximately 7 months. DO u guys think this is possible. I do alot of other chest bi's and tri's exercises besides bench. I dont just do bench. Like i said the smith machine is just good for me becuase i dont have to have a spot.

So ya want strength as a goal? One of the best strength training cycles I have ever tried was German Volume Training - great strength gains can be made very quickly.

Here is an article on GVT by Charles Poliquin.

This is a pretty effective training technique for strength and size (hypertrophy) goals.

Thread Information