irish4life is offline Junior Member

xenadrine w/ cla

Im planning on going on a cutting cycle here in a few weeks and am going to be using xenadrine as i have had great results with it in the past. A friend of mine at the gym told me that if i stacked it with CLA it would burn more fat and help me to retain all my muscle. I did a search about CLA but havent been able to find much info. I was just wondering if this sounded like a good idea, has anybody used CLA before, any opinions would help a lot. thanks

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Never heard of it, but Xenadrine is awesome and if you eat clean and go on a low carb high protein diet, you will have great results. I know cause I did.

weightsbeforedates is offline Junior Member
    Originally posted by Sicilian30
    Never heard of it, but Xenadrine is awesome and if you eat clean and go on a low carb high protein diet, you will have great results. I know cause I did.
    I just started using Xenadrine a couple days ago with a medium to low carb diet with plenty of protein. I think I figured out my bottle to last 5 weeks, have you guys noticed any big changes in bodyfat compositon in 5 weeks? I have never used an eca stack or the herbal versions before like xenadrine so I hope it works.

irish4life is offline Junior Member
    yea i have used xenadrine in the past it worked real well. cuts you up very nice. I just wanted to know about the CLA because my friend said when stacked it will works even better and most importantly you wont lose any muscle while cutting

gymnut4u is offline Member

some info for you bro

CLA was first identified in 1987 by researchers at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. The identification of CLA resulted in nine years of experiments by Michael Pariza, PhD. at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. In 1978, Dr. Pariza first noted an extract in beef that appeared to be an anitcarcinogenic. In 1987, he identified this extract as CLA. With this identification, came a surge of scientific studies and research on how CLA affects body mass and other beneficial effects on human health.

Extensive research is now showing CLA to play an important role as a multi-beneficial health promoter. More than 200 studies worldwide are indicating that CLA may help reduce the incidence of breast cancer, improve asthma, allergy control, and blood sugar control (diabetes), and limit the extent of atherosclerosis which can lead to heart disease.

In 1991, evidence obtained through the collaborative efforts of Dr. Mark Cook and Dr. Michael Pariza at the University of Wisconsin revealed the immune boosting potential of CLA. Feeding CLA to chicks provided partial protection against the catabolic effects of exposure to endotoxin. This research expanded to include rodents and supported the fact that CLA-fed animals exhibit enhanced immune functions.

CLA is the only known nutrient that enhances the immune system and protects against the harmful "cellular backlash" that occurs when the immune system is stimulated.

As published in sperate issues of Cancer Research, CLA has been shown to be an effective antioxidant in vitro according to Dr. Yeong Ha and in vivo according to Dr. Clement **. Because numerous studies indicate that oxidative reactions are associated with the development of cancer and atherosclerosis, CLA's ability to reduce the harmful effects of these oxidative reactions could be its most important health benefit

In addition, research suggests that CLA may ease the inflammation that occurs when the immune system is challenged.

Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) reduced abdominal
    adipose tissue in obese middle-aged men with signs
    of the metabolic syndrome: a randomised controlled
    trial
    U RiseÂrus
    *, L Berglund
    and B Vessby
    Clinical Nutrition Research Unit, Department of Public Health and Caring Sciences=Geriatrics, Faculty of Medicine, Uppsala
    University, Uppsala, Sweden
    BACKGROUND: Abdominal obesity is strongly related to metabolic disorders. Recent research suggests that dietary conjugated
    linoleic acid (CLA) reduces body fat and may improve metabolic variables in animals. The metabolic effects of CLA in
    abdominally obese humans have not yet been tested.
    OBJECTIVE: To investigate the short-term effect of CLA on abdominal fat and cardiovascular risk factors in middle-aged men
    with metabolic disorders.
    METHODS: Twenty-®ve abdominally obese men (waist-to-hip ratio (WHR), 1.05  0.05; body mass index (BMI), 32  2.7 kg=m 2
    (mean  s.d.)) who were between 39 and 64-y-old participated in a double-blind randomised controlled trial for 4 weeks.
    Fourteen men received 4.2 g CLA=day and 10 men recieved a placebo. The main endpoints were differences between the two
    groups in sagittal abdominal diameter (SAD), serum cholesterol, low-density lipoprotein, high-density lipoprotein, triglycerides,
    free fatty acids, glucose and insulin .
    RESULTS: At baseline, there were no signi®cant differences between groups in anthropometric or metabolic variables. After 4
    weeks there was a signi®cant decrease in SAD (cm) in the CLA group compared to placebo ( P ‹ 0.04, 95% CI; 71.12, 70.02).
    Other measurements of anthropometry or metabolism showed no signi®cant differences between the groups.
    CONCLUSIONS: These results indicate that CLA supplementation for 4 weeks in obese men with the metabolic syndrome may
    decrease abdominal fat, without concomitant effects on overall obesity or other cardiovascular risk factors. Because of the
    limited sample size, the effects of CLA in abdominal obesity need to be further investigated in larger trials with longer duration.
    International Journal of Obesity (2001) 25, 1129 ± 1135

Iam sorry it was so long but ,I thought it was a good read ,hope it helps ! gymnut

gymnut4u is offline Member
    I have been useing xen for the last 2 months I think it is good stuff , I have lost alot of fat and have droped 10 lbs ,,Ill post new pic soon !!! get out the tourches A.R !!!!!! lol .

Tex
    Tex is offline Junior Member
    good article on cla in the february issue of flex

xzoomzx is offline Associate Member
    so is cla a supplement worth taking??? can someone answer?

weightsbeforedates is offline Junior Member
    never tried it but I was reading the benefits of cla over at bodybuilding.com and it seems to be legit but I would also like to hear from someone that has supplemented with it.

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    I tried it on it's own. I had been low-carbing for a couple of months when I started taking it. The pounds were coming off no faster or slower with the CLA, so I can't say whether it works or not. At least I didn't notice a dramatic change. I'm currently taking Xenadrine on its own and have noticed a small increase in the amount of fat I'm losing.

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member

marking this for later reference

the original jason is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    cant say i notice to much from xen apart from major depression

peace

xzoomzx is offline Associate Member
    how much cla did you take a day ?

ripped_82 is offline Member
    Essential fatty acids in general help with loosing weight. The reason thay are important on a low cal, and carb diet is due to the fact that you consume little carb and fat. Personaly I would stick with a good 3&6 combo over CLA.

Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) is a slightly altered form of the essential fatty acid linoleic acid. Preliminary animal and test tube research suggests that CLA might reduce the risk of cancers at several sites, including breast, prostate, colorectal, lung, skin, and stomach.1 2 3 4 Whether CLA will have a similar protective effect for people has yet to be demonstrated in human research.

Animal research suggests an effect of CLA supplementation on reducing body fat.5 6 Limited controlled human research found 5.6–7.2 grams per day of CLA produced nonsignificant gains in muscle size and strength in experienced7 and inexperienced8 weight-training men.

Animal research also suggests an effect of CLA supplementation on limiting food allergy reactions,9 preventing atherosclerosis,10 11 and improving glucose tolerance.12 As with the cancer research, the effects of CLA on these conditions in humans remains unclear.

BIGCHEST1225 is offline Junior Member
    xendadrine makes me very depressed.....I have used/abused it for almost 3 years non stop. Ever since I have been suffering depression, some of it has to deal with other issues also (read plastic surgery messed up my life) Today I switched to Anabolicfitness's NYC stack and feel a nice energy boost that the xenadrine stoped giving me. However,I have to quit everything soon including my AAS cycle because I am going in for surgery in 5 days.

Thread Information