Thread: weight loss supp. and exercise?
11-23-2002, 06:55 PM #1Junior Member
- Join Date
- Sep 2002
weight loss supp. and exercise?
isn't weight loss supplements like xenadrine harmful for your heart if you intensely exercise like track? doesn't it make your heart work too hard. I need to lose weight but i also don't want to kill myself. any help please?
11-23-2002, 07:13 PM #2
It will dehydrate you faster. Make sure you carry a water bottle and eat a diet with enough carbohydrates to allow full hydration - if you are an endurance athlete. And don't over do it. Ephedrine is more dangerous if used alone in high doses rather than in a synergistic stack, like Xenadrine - where lower doses are effective.
If you are healthy, eat right, drink plenty of fluids - you'll be fine.
Some interesting findings on Ephedrine (especially the female group being more effected):
• Cardiovascular and nervous system most commonly affected
• Patterns of symptoms consistent across different populations
• Occurred both in healthy individuals and those with underlying disease
• Majority of events (>75%) occurred in females
• Many signs and symptoms occurred in young adults who are normally at low risk for the described events (e.g. heart attack and stroke)
• 84% of cases reported in people <49 years of age
• 59% of SAEs occurred within 4 weeks of starting; 14% on the first day
• 92% of SAEs occurred in people trying to lose weight or increase energy; 5% for athletic enhancement; 2% for recreational euphoria
Serious Adverse Events (SAE)
11-24-2002, 09:12 AM #3
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)