tryingtogain is offline Member

plz read about this BCAA

i have this bottle of bcaa it has leucine isoleucine and valine what do u think? it says on the side of the bottle it says it may help the amount of protien breakdown during intense exerscise. do you think it really helps that or is it just BS. also do thos 3 bcaa by itself actually help and do anything thanks

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I guess man. So the literature says, oh - and that guy at the gym says it's good to take it!

Personally, I did BCAA when I was 17... and never did it again. Personally I would rather spend my money on a quality Whey protein which has added BCAA's. And normally 17 grams of complete protein per serving. I just think BCAA's went out the window with the quality Whey sups out now.

O.J.Simpson is offline New Member
    i tried it.It's ok ,dont expect too much..if it s 2000mg take at least 4 caps before and after training

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    BCAA are some real good shit for post workout recovery... It's just that they are kind of expensive for what you get...

I use to take 5 grams after every workout with a protein drink...They helped speed recovery, but not enough to justify how much i was spending on them...

So i say if you can afford to take them, they are worth it, but if you're on a tight budget then a good protein powder is the way to go...

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    To clear up for ya too - leucine, isoleucine, and valine are not produced by your body and must be obtained through diet. So check the labels of your protein sups to see if they are included in your mix.

Otherwise as buff87 said, if you can afford it - try it. You have to get them somewhere to complete the muscle tissue building process. But I personally would rather get them as added to a Whey sup - like most products do. Most high BV protein foods are a good source too (egg, beef, chicken, milk/casein, ...)

Thread Information