jerseymeathead is offline Junior Member

Question creatine and hairloss

this is my first time posting here, although i've been reading these threads for the past 2 years. i recently heard that a couple of my buddy's friends lost all thier hair (couple of years ago) from taking creatine. (they didnt' take roids or anything else). i dont' take roids either, however i've been cycling EAS synthvol2 (very good shit, so much better than celltech btw) and i love the results. however i am extremely scared of hair loss. my hair's not exactly naturally very thick (damn you dad) so i'd rather not loss anymore (i currently use rogaine to keep what i have). has anyone here experience the phenomenon of hair loss related to creatine? any non roid/hormone users? also has anyone here experienced any other adverse side affects? also how long do you guys take it before going off? i've been doing 2 months on and 1 off. any feed back would be much appreciated.

al_bg is offline New Member
    i've used creatine 3 times and still haven't pb, don't be scared!
    what were your results with synthvol???

results? i went from a slim 180 to a more defined 192 lbs in 2.5 months. i also started taking gluatine, however i noticed results from teh synthvol within a week.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Hair loss from Creatine?!? No way brah. Creatine would not effect hair loss. Creatine Monohydrate effects muscle tissue (musculat ATP/CP stores) - that's it. The Creatine attaches to a water molecule and rides into your muscle to load you with added ATP (don't ask me to spell that one ) and Creatine Phosphate for explosive movements.

Side effects?

Water gain from the transport needed to get utilized in your body is the most common. Drink lots of water to minimize this. Cramping can also occur if water levels are not increased.

Creatine is not a hormone nor does it effect your endocrine system - Creatine is some rather safe shit. The drawback is something like 10 percent of the population doesn't react to standard delivery. Take it with a high GI carb and/or with Alka Seltzer to increase the uptake.

thanks for the info, very helpfull. anyways, i heard some of you guys talking about nerzol (sp?) for hairloss prevention. how does that work? currently i use rogaine extra strengh. anyone thing taking both would help even more?

Thread Information